[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Arsenio Hall are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Arsenio Hall on screen:
Birthday: February 12, 1955
Place: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Arsenio Hall. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| The son of a Cleveland Baptist minister, African American entertainer Arsenio Hall would often escape his bleak inner-city surroundings by imagining that he was a talk show host like his idol, Johnny Carson. He emulated Carson to the point that he briefly became an amateur magician in junior high school. His friends and teachers laughed at Arsenio's comic patter, but advised him to forget his dream — because everyone knew that no black man would ever host a talk show. An excellent student, Hall was accepted at Ohio University in Athens, where he originally intended to study law, but at the last moment followed his heart and switched to the communications department. He later transferred to Kent State, working his way through school with gigs at local comedy clubs. After a long upward climb, Hall was hired as the opening act for such entertainers as Dionne Warwick and Nancy Wilson, then moved to Hollywood, where he was befriended by superstar Eddie Murphy. The two comedians co-starred in the 1987 comedy Coming to America, where Hall was permitted to display his versatility in a wide variety of quickie characterizations (one of which, a flamboyant minister, was ostensibly based on his own father). Comedienne Joan Rivers was also fond of Arsenio, and secured him several guest spots on her Fox network gabfest, The Late Show. When Rivers was axed by Fox in 1987, Hall took over as Late Show host. This led to his most prestigious assignment to date: The Arsenio Hall Show, a latenight entry syndicated by Paramount television, which premiered in January of 1989. With his unbounded energy, his ingratiating smile, his trademarked "Whoop Whoop Whoop" and his willingness to book guests that were deemed "chancy" by others (e.g. rap and soul artists), Hall quickly rose to the top of the ratings heap. In June of 1990, TV Guide singled out Arsenio Hall as the magazine's first "TV Person of the Year." Unlike the play-safe Johnny Carson, Hall courted controversy as often as possible, usually by attacking racism — sparing no one, not even other black entertainers. Hall's program peaked in popularity in 1991, then seemed to run out of gas. When NBC made its announcement early in 1992 that Jay Leno would be replacing Johnny Carson as host of the Tonight Show, Hall reacted with inexplicable hostility, railing against Leno (who had always regarded Hall as a friend) and declaring that The Arsenio Hall Show would "whip Jay's ass." While Leno's ratings trailed against his CBS rival David Letterman, his program easily trounced the flagging Arsenio Hall. In 1994, after five years, Arsenio Hall and Paramount Television parted company, and Hall kept a low profile, all but disappearing from public view. In March of 1997, Hall emerged from his self-imposed exile to star, opposite Vivica Fox, in the ABC sitcom Arsenio as Michael Atwood, a cable network sportscaster in Atlanta.
- Arsenio Hall (as a character named Chunky A) put out an album entitled "Large And In Charge." Paula Abdul, Wil Wheaton and Ice-T are among the guests that appear on the album.
- He was a member of Ohio University's forensics (competitive speech) team. The team has also had Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart Simpson) and Leon Harris (morning anchor, CNN) as members.
- He appeared in a TV commercial for Tab Cola in the mid-80s.
- Graduated from Warrensville Heights High School, Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
- Replaced Joan Rivers as host of the late night talk show, "The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers" in 1987 after she was fired and the name of the show was changed to "The Late Show Starring Arsenio Hall"
- As a teenager, he was an accomplished magician.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith, pg. 202-204. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Graduated from Kent State University.
- M.C. at the Sheba Lounge in Chicago, late 70s, early 80s. Discovered by Nancy Wilson
- Has one son, Arsenio Jr.
Naked Photos of Arsenio Hall are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.