[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Ben Stiller are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Ben Stiller on screen:
Birthday: November 30, 1965
Place: New York, New York, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Ben Stiller. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Some might say that writer/actor/director Ben Stiller's destiny was preordained: The son of comic actors Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara, he almost literally has show business running through his veins. Born in New York City on November 30, 1965, Stiller was making films by the time he was ten, cathartic 8 mm epics in which he got even with the schoolyard bullies who tormented him. He went on to attend U.C.L.A. and began appearing in films, including Steven Spielberg's Empire of the Sun (1987). In addition to winning larger roles in such films as Fresh Horses (1988), Stiller continued to make comedy shorts, including the 1989 Elvis Stories, a spoof of obsessive Elvis fans featuring John Cusack. One of his shorts, a Tom Cruise parody called The Hustler of Money, won Stiller a spot as a writer and player on Saturday Night Live in 1989. His stint on the show was short-lived, but led to his own MTV vehicle, The Ben Stiller Show. Featuring the likes of Janeane Garofalo and Andy Dick, the show was eventually dropped, first by MTV and then by Fox, but Stiller did pick up an Emmy for comedy writing in 1993.The following year, he made his feature-film directorial debut with the twentysomething angst comedy Reality Bites, in which he also starred alongside Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke. The film was a relative critical and commercial success; unfortunately, Stiller's next directorial effort, 1996's The Cable Guy, was a flop. A black comedy that cast Jim Carrey as the psychotic title character, the film failed to register with critics and audiences, many of whom couldn't stomach the idea of Carrey playing such a dark character.After a part in the Adam Sandler comedy Happy Gilmore, Stiller bounced back with a starring role in David O. Russell's Flirting With Disaster (1996). The relatively positive reception afforded to that comedy helped to balance out the relative failure of Stiller's other film that year, If Lucy Fell. It was not until two years later, however, that Stiller truly stepped into the limelight. Thanks to starring roles in three very different films, he emerged as an actor of versatility, equally adept at playing sensitive nice guys and complete jerks. In the smash comedy There's Something About Mary, he could be seen as the former type of character, earning permanent notoriety for various scenes featuring misplaced bodily fluids and mangled genitalia. He then did time as a not-so-nice guy in Neil LaBute's Your Friends and Neighbors, playing a philandering theater instructor. Finally, he starred in Permanent Midnight, earning critical acclaim for his portrayal of a heroin addict.Now possessing solid footing in Hollywood, Stiller went on to star in Mystery Men (1999) as the leader of a group of unconventional superheroes. He also had a supporting role in The Suburbans, a comedy about the former members of a defunct new wave band and the following year starred as a rabbi who happens to be in love with the same woman as his best friend, a Catholic priest (Edward Norton), in the well-received romantic comedy Keeping the Faith. As busy as he was, Stiller's biggest hands-down success in 2000 was no doubt Meet the Parents. A disastrously humorous tale of Murphy's Law's interference with unfortunately named bad-luck magnet Greg Focker's (Stiller) initial meeting with his new fianc
- Produced a short film parody of The Color of Money (1986) entitled "The Hustler of Money" which got him noticed by "Saturday Night Live" (1975) who eventually offered him employment there.
- Son of Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller.
- Brother of Amy Stiller.
- Engaged to Christine Taylor. [November 1999]
- Longtime girlfriend was Jeanne Tripplehorn.
- Is a major fan of Tom Cruise and has impersonated Tom for many years. He even portrayed Tom Cruise's fictitious crazed stunt double, Tom Crooze, on 2000 MTV Movie Awards (2000) (TV) on a segment called Mission: Improbable. (This segment is included on the Mission: Impossible II (2000) DVD.) Tom and Ben have been friends ever since 1996.
- Appeared in "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1998) on May 9, 2001 and walked away with ,000 for his charity. He phoned his mother, actress Anne Meara, for help but lost on the question.
- Often casts/co-stars with Janeane Garofalo.
- Ben and his wife Christine Taylor, have both guest starred on the TV-show "Friends" (1994), though not in the same episode.
- Attended UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
- Daughter, Ella Olivia, born 10 April 2002 in Los Angeles.
- Briefly appears in the filmclip for the song "Tribute" by Tenacious D, a band that includes fellow actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass. He's one of the people walking past the studio booth in the shopping centre.
- Ranked #78 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #68 in 2002 and #80 in 2001.
- His famous parents, Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller, often make cameo appearances in his movies.
- Has a Hollywood "clique" of close friends that have often appeared in his movies: Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Kyle Gass and Janeane Garofalo.
- Helped Jenifer Estess raised millions of dollars to combat A.L.S. (Lou Gehrig's disease).
- His favorite actress of all time is Diane Keaton. He even wrote an article about her for Premiere magazine in 1997.
- Frequent co-star of Vince Vaughn, appearing with him in three movies in 2004 alone.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as, "The Frat Pack," along with Will Ferrell, Jack Black, Vince Vaughn, Steve Carell, Owen Wilson, and Luke Wilson. The "Frat Pack" name is a reference to the film, Old School (2003), featuring Vaughn, Ferrell and Luke Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Stiller's "Frat Pack" films include Zoolander (2001), Envy (2004), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)..
- Is a big fan of "Star Trek" (1966). He named his production company "Red Hour Films" after an alien riot featured in the episode "The Return of the Archons."
- Holds a distinct Razzie Award record - nominated for most titles in one year. He was nominated in 2004 for Worst Actor in five of the six films in which he appeared: Along Came Polly (2004), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004), Envy (2004)_, and Starsky & Hutch (2004). The only film he was not nominated in for that year was Meet the Fockers (2004).
- Has played two very similar characters in the movies Heavy Weights (1995) and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004). In both films he plays an obnoxious, slightly insane and formerly overweight fitness instructor who's hell-bent on getting others into shape, and perhaps also on making other peoples' lives miserable.
- Played the part of an arrogant director in Get Shorty (1995), but the scene was cut.
- Son Quinlin Dempsey was born July 10, 2005 in Los Angeles
- In episode "Shrink Wrap" (episode # 4.25) of "The King of Queens" (1998) he played his own real-life father's father.
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 1996 along with Janeane Garofalo
- He and his wife, Christine Taylor, have both guest-starred on the TV-show "Arrested Development" (2003). She played "Michael Bluth"'s love interest "Sally Sitwell" (2 episodes) and Ben Stiller himself played the incompetent magician "Tony Wonder" in the episode: "The sword of destiny".
- Wife Christine gave birth to their second child, Quinlin Dempsey Stiller, born on July 10, 2005 at 8lb. 2oz. in Los Angeles, California
- One of his first showbiz jobs was working as an intern on the Alan Thicke show "Thicke of the Night" (1983).
- Mother is Irish.
- Was considered for the role of Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005).
Naked Photos of Ben Stiller are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.