[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Brendan Gleeson are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Brendan Gleeson on screen:
Birthday: March 29, 1955
Place: Dublin, Ireland
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Brendan Gleeson. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| A former teacher, burly Irish actor Brendan Gleeson spent the 1990s earning an increasing amount of acclaim for his work in a variety of films, most notably John Boorman's The General (1998). Gleeson, who made his feature film debut in Jim Sheridan's The Field (1990), first made an impression on audiences in the role of Hamish, William Wallace's hulking ally in Braveheart (1995).In 1997, the actor was given his first crack at a starring role in I Went Down, a likeable black comedy that cast him as a thick-skulled hit man. The role brought him a greater dose of recognition and respect on both sides of the Atlantic, but it was Boorman's The General (shot right after I Went Down wrapped) that truly demanded — and received — international attention. The story of real-life Irish criminal Martin Cahill, the film featured Gleeson in its title role, and his cocky, assured portrayal of Cahill was widely deemed the best part of an altogether excellent film. The numerous plaudits he won for his performance included awards from the Boston and London film critics.His career flourishing, it was only a matter of time before Gleeson had the opportunity to expand his resume to include the occasional Hollywood blockbuster. That opportunity came by way of John Woo's Mission: Impossible 2 (2000), which cast Gleeson, surprisingly enough, as one of the film's resident villains. After carefully balancing his roles between the mainstream and the more low-key, character driven films in later 2000 and into 2001 (he gained notice for his starring role as a philanderous, boozing TV chef turned sensitive amnesiac in the romantic comedy Wild About Harry (2000)), Gleeson headed back to Hollywood with his lively turn as Lord Johnson-Johnson in Steven Speilberg's A.I. Appearing in Trainspotting director Danny Boyle's zombie thriller 28 Days Later the following year, it wasn't long before Gleeson was once again gracing stateside cinemas with appearances in such high-profile films as Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York and the Kurt Russell police detective thriller Dark Blue (both 2003).Gleeson remained a presence in high-profile films over the ensuing two years. In 2004 he could be seen in both the M. Night Shyamalan brain-bender The Village and the sweeping historical epic Troy. The following year found the actor in another pair of big-budget Hollywood films, the box-office dud Kingdom of Heaven and the fourth installment in the Harry Potter franchise, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Nonetheless, he still found time for smaller films, reteaming in 2005 with 28 Days Later-star Cillian Murphy for the Neil Jordan comedy Breakfast on Pluto.
- Frequently plays wise, experienced men who act as mentors and father figures to the lead characters.
- He is a fine fiddle player and can be seen playing it in Michael Collins (1996) and also in Cold Mountain (2003).
- He has four sons from his marriage to Mary.
- He was a teacher for 10 years before becoming an actor
- Joined the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in Stratford Upon Avon, England, in the late eighties for two seasons where his credits included King Lear and King Richard II.
- Attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England.
- Participated in the Dublin Shakespeare Theatre Festival the during mid-eighties.
- Plays a professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as in, presumably, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and any subsequent films in which his character, Mad-Eye Moody, appears. This makes him the first, and to date only, actor to play a Hogwarts professor who has himself been employed as a teacher.
- Associate Member of RADA.
- He started acting at the age of 34.
Naked Photos of Brendan Gleeson are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.