[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Cheech Marin are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Cheech Marin on screen:
Birthday: July 13, 1946
Place: Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 5' 6"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Cheech Marin. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| The son of a Los Angeles police officer, American actor/director Richard "Cheech" Marin earned his nickname through his fondness for the Chicano food, specialty cheecharone. An excellent student (if something of a class cutup), Marin entered California State University, only to drop out and hightail it to Canada to avoid the draft. While working as an improvisational comedian with Vancouver's City Work troupe, Marin teamed with Tommy Chong; the Hispanic/Asian duo created the characters of Cheech and Chong, a pair of zoned-out dopers ever in search of the "perfect joint." On the strength of their bestselling record albums, Cheech and Chong were signed for the inexpensive comedy film Up in Smoke (1978), which wound up as one of Warner Bros.' highest-grossing films (not to mention one of its highest, period). As the drug culture lost its momentum, so did the film career of Cheech and Chong, with each of the team's subsequent films making less money than its predecessor. By the time C & C headlined the atrocious The Corsican Brothers (1984), the jig was up. Cheech and Chong split up in 1984 (though they remained friends) and went off to their own projects. While it was Chong who directed many of the team's features, Marin sat in the director's chair for the best of his post-team projects, the 1987 film Born in East L.A, inspired by Cheech's own parody music video. Marin's starring film is Shrimp on the Barbie (1990) contained no drug jokes and fewer laughs (an indication of its quality is the fact that the director had his name removed from the credits in favor of the pseudonymous "Alan Smithee"). Lately regarded as an elder statesman of the counterculture, Marin has kept busy with cameo roles, cartoon voice-overs (Oliver and Company, Ferngully, The Lion King), and a brief stint as a costar of the 1992 TV sitcom "Golden Palace." In 1996, he began co-starring opposite Don Johnson in the television drama Nash Bridges. Around this time he began a fruitful collaboration with independent filmmaker Robert Rodriguez. Marin had a part in Desperado, and played multiple characters in the vampire film From Dusk 'til Dawn for the Austin based maverick. Marin was cast as Kevin Costner's best friend in the golf comedy Tin Cup in 1996. The beginning of the next decade brought Marin an unexpected new audience as he began a series of humorous appearances in family films and lent his vocal talents to a number of animated films. He appeared in all three segments of Rodriguez's Spy Kids series, did vocal work in Good Boy, and voiced one of the Cars in Pixar's film. He also played small parts in John Sayles Silver City, and Bob Dylan's Masked & Anonymous.
- "Cheech" is derived from chicharron, a spicy fried pork skin snack.
- His father is a 30-year veteran of the LAPD.
- Resides in San Francisco's Seacliff neighborhood
- Speaks fluent Spanish.
- Is a brother of Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity
- Hated golf until he co-starred in Tin Cup (1996) ; now is a avid golfer
- Is among the top collectors of Mexican and Mexican-American art, having put together at least one book on the subject and supported the development of Chicano art on the West Coast.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith. Pg. 104-105 (article "Cheech and Chong"). New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- He was the first Celebrity Jeopardy Champion.
- Has worked with director Robert Rodriguez six times starting with Desperado (1995), From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), Spy Kids (2001) , Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams (2002) , Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003) , and Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) .
- Owns and plays Taylor guitars.
- Majored in English at Calfornia State University Northridge.
- Played in the 2005 All-Star Cup golf tournament, dubbed the 'Celebrity Ryder Cup', at Newport, Wales, UK.
- Mexican accent.
Naked Photos of Cheech Marin are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.