[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Chris Noth are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Chris Noth on screen:
Birthday: November 13, 1954
Place: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Chris Noth. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| A veteran of film and television, Chris Noth is probably best known for his work on Law and Order and HBO's Sex and the City, the latter of which featured him as the charming but terminally untrustworthy Mr. Big, erstwhile boyfriend/bad habit of the series' heroine, Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker). Hailing from Madison, WI, where he was born November 13, 1954, Noth moved around a lot throughout his childhood, living in England, Yugoslavia, and Spain. Returning to the States, he studied with the storied acting coach Stanford Meisner before being accepted into the prestigious Yale School of Drama.Noth got his start on the stage and in television performing at the American Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, CT, and appearing in productions with theater companies across the country, including the Manhattan Theater Club and Los Angeles' Mark Taper Forum. Working in television beginning in 1982, he did a number of shows before breaking into film with small parts in Off Beat (1986) and the Diane Keaton comedy Baby Boom (1987). Noth's big break came in 1989, when he was chosen to play Det. Mike Logan on Law and Order. Noth portrayed the young policeman for five seasons, winning both critical nods and fans, many of whom were saddened when his Law and Order contract was not renewed in 1995. Noth continued to work on television and did minor work in films such as Naked in New York (1994) before getting his next big break in the form of Sex and the City (1998). As Big, he was one of the few male characters who could hold his own in the presence of the series' strong female protagonists, played by Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kim Cattrall, and Kristin Davis. The show proved to be an enormous critical and commercial hit, in the process winning Noth more fans and more work; in addition to his role on the series, he could be seen on the big screen, appearing opposite Tom Hanks and Helen Hunt in Cast Away (2000) and in the 2001 Leelee Sobieski thriller The Glass House.
- He spent three years as an undergraduate at Marlboro College in southern Vermont.
- Very happily a confirmed bachelor, and proud owner of a Manhattan bar called "The Cutting Room." So named after the cutting-room floor, where a lot of actors' best performances often end up.
- Mother, Jeanne Parr, was a television news reporter (European correspondent) for CBS.
- Became more well-known as Sarah Jessica Parker's on-again, off-again romancer "Mr. Big" in the TV cable hit "Sex and the City" (1998), after becoming a heart-throb playing "Detective Mike Logan" in "Law & Order" (1990).
- Studied with Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse in Manhattan before graduating from the Yale School of Drama.
- He toured Vietnam with singer Nanci Griffith to support the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation's campaign against landmines.
- Has been confirmed that he will return as detective Mike Logan in a guest appearance on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001) in January, 2005. He last appeared as Mike Logan in the TV movie, Exiled (1998) (TV) in 1998.
- Is incorrectly believed to be purely Irish-American, like his character Mike Logan on Law & Order.
- Was the last original cast member of "Law & Order" (1990) to leave the series. Although often touted as an original cast member, Steven Hill (District Attorney Adam Schiff) appeared on the series after its first episode.
- Lives with actress Tara Wilson, whom he met while she was working at his bar, The Cutting Room. 
- Ranked #8 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- His father's name Noth originates from the Strasbourg region of eastern France on the border of Germany, now called Alsace-Lorraine, where his name is properly pronounced "note" - it rhymes with "both".
- Is one of four cast members from "Law & Order" whose character became a regular on a "Law & Order" spin-off. He played Det. Mike Logan in both "Law & Order" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."
- Along with Jerry Orbach, Dann Florek and Fred Dalton Thompson, he is one of four "Law & Order" (1990) cast members who later joined the regular cast of one of the spin-off series. He played Detective Mike Logan in "Law & Order" (1990) from 1990 to 1995 and in "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001) since 2005.
- His brother made a few appearances on "Law & Order" (1990) as a court clerk.
- Was a guest at Sarah Jessica Parker's 40th birthday.
Naked Photos of Chris Noth are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.