[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Chris Parnell are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Chris Parnell on screen:
Birthday: February 5, 1967
Place: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Chris Parnell. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee, Chris Parnell enrolled at Germantown High School where he took drama and auditioned for every play. In 1985, when he was a senior at Germantown, he was voted "Most Talented" by his classmates. Right after graduating high school, Chris attended North Carolina School of Arts in Winston-Salem, where he recieved his BFA in Drama. He later performed with the Berkshire Theatre in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, and the Alley Theatre in Houston, Texas. Afterwards Chris moved back to Tennessee and taught acting, film and video at his own Germantown High School. He became bored however with teaching and moved to Los Angeles. Once in LA he got a job at FAO Schwartz in Beverly Center, where he eventually became Operations Manager. During that time Chris began taking classes at The Groundlings Main Company, where many SNL cast members are discovered. Fate would have it that talent scouts from SNL saw him and asked him to fly to New York for an audition. Completely surprised by his chances he took the offer. To his amazment son after he joined "Saturday Night Live" (1975) and became a featured player in the 98-99 season. Parnell has since performed many impressions as NBC News' Tom Brokaw, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Tom Hanks, Senator John McCain, and Eminem. Parnell has also appeared as a member of SNLs resident boy band "Seven Degrees Celsius" but his biggest claim to fame on the show was when he performed an unforgettable hardcore gansta rap fantasizing about a dream date with Britney Spears on Weekend Update. He spends most of his summers in L.A. where he owns his own car and apartment.
- Has a sister.
- Graduate of Germantown High School, Germantown, Tennessee. Performed in shows at the school's Poplar Pike Playhouse.
- As of April 2002, has yet to break character on Saturday Night Live.
- His first appearance on Saturday Night Live was playing Kenneth Star.
- Auditioned for every play in high school and was voted most talented in his class.
- Worked at the FAO Schwartz in the Beverly Center in Los Angeles, California before finding work with the Groundlings.
- Returned to SNL on March 2, 2002 for the Jonny Moseley/Outkast episode.
- Took over the impression of George W. Bush on Saturday Night Live after Will Ferrell left the show. He beat out fellow cast members Darrell Hammond, Jeff Richards, and Chris Kattan for the role.
- Began playing George W. Bush on SNL on October 12, 2002.
- Sat next to Conan O'Brien at the NBC 75th Anniversary Special.
- Became friends with Fred Willard after working with him on "Anchorman."
- Became friends with Tom Brokaw after he began impersonating him on SNL.
- Donated money to Howard Dean's presidential campaign. He then switched to John Kerry when Kerry became the front-runner.
- His first-ever talk show appearance was on Phil Donahue's MSNBC show on October 17, 2002. He appeared with his SNL co-star Darrell Hammond.
- Said "Live From New York, It's Saturday Night" for the first time on only his sixth episode of SNL.
- Was Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's first choice to play Brick Tamland in "Anchorman." They wrote the script with him in mind, but he lost the role to Steve Carrell and winded up with the smaller role of Garth Holliday.
- Has gone on record that Julianna Marguiles and Gwyneth Paltrow are two of his favorite hosts to work with on SNL. Ironically enough, he missed working with Paltrow for a second time since she returned to host the show during the twelve episode period when he was fired.
- The first SNL sketch that he wrote that made it on the air was a commercial parody of the musical "Cats."
- Played Senator Joe Lieberman during the infamous hot tube scene with Al Gore during Gore's SNL hosting gig.
- On some occasions, he will wind up doing more voice-overs for an SNL episode than actual on-camera appearances.
- Auditioned for the lead role for the NBC sitcom "Working," but lost out to Fred Savage. However, the casting director remembered him and cast him a few years later in an online comedic short-film called "Farm Sluts."
- Frequently played Will Ferrell's brother in various SNL sketches due to their facial resemblence.
- He winded up returning to SNL with no fanfare, as a mention of his return was cut from SNL after dress rehearsal.
- Has impersonated SNL announcer Don Pardo on at least one occasion when Pardo was too ill to announce the opening credits.
- Has performed hardcore raps about SNL hosts Britney Spears, Kirsten Dunst, and Jennifer Garner. He writes them with the assistance of various SNL writers and musical composers.
- Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan tried to get him his job back shortly after he had been fired, but to no avail. It would later take Ferrell being off filming "Old School" and Darrell Hammond in rehab to get Lorne Michaels to change his mind.
- Auditioned with SNL co-star Ana Gasteyer as a duo for the Weekend Update chair in 2000 when Colin Quinn left the show. They lost out to Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey.
- His firing/rehiring has been a frequent running gag on SNL. In one sketch, it was said that "Will Ferrell had him fired so he could get his brother Patty Ferrell on the show!" In a song that Chris himself sang, he said, "Lorne liked me so much that he hired me twice!"
- Contrary to popular belief, he did not swallow the food Will Ferrell "fed" him during the infamous SNL sketch "The Regurgitating Family" (with host Julianna Marguiles). The camera would quickly cut to someone else after the food entered his mouth and he spit it out into a towel on his lap.
- An expert at stage-fighting, so he has frequently beaten up and killed in SNL sketches. He has been beaten up by The Rock, Triple H, Mankind, Mick Foley, and Jackie Chan. He has been killed by Christopher Walken, Robert De Niro, and Will Ferrell, among others.
- His first solo recurring character on SNL was Merv the Perv, who debuted in 2002. However, it took over a year for Merv the Perv to make a return appearance.
- His favorite film is "Chariots of Fire", favorite television show "Twin Peaks" and favorite book "The Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke."
- His dream acting role is to play Edmund in a production of "King Lear."
- Enjoys shopping at The Gap.
- Is such a dedicated alumnus of Germantown High School that he recently chaperoned a theater trip to London.
- Frequently wears plaid.
- While in high school, he played one of the brothers in a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." He also announced football games and provided on-air reports.
- Decided to pursue a career in comedy after performing in the play "Greater Tuna" while in high school. He and his friend Dan McLeary each played ten different comedic characters.
- His dad, Jack Parnell, has been in the voice-over industry for 40+ years, and has worked as the "image voice" for local Memphis businesses (Kroger, Federal Express) and a local TV station, but has voiced countless TV/radio commercials and instructional video presentations throughout the US and internationally.
- Good friends with Ron Livingston and Lauren Graham.
- He, along with fellow SNL cast member Andy Samberg, put the show back on the map with their Lazy Sunday Chronicles of Narnia rap.
- The character of Brick Tamland, the mentally retarded weather man, in 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' (2004) was written by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay with Parnell in mind. Steve Carell ultimately took the role, so they gave Parnell the part of the overly-sensitive stage producer Garth Holliday instead.
Naked Photos of Chris Parnell are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.