[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Divine are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Divine on screen:
Birthday: December 1, 1945
Place: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Divine. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Drag-queen and cult-movie star Divine, born Harris Glenn Milstead, was a high-school acquaintance of John Waters in the early '60s. Waters indulged his chubby friend's penchant for crossdressing, and Divine's acting career was launched with Water's first films in the mid '60s, Roman Candles and Eat Your Makeup both filmed while Divine still worked as a hairdresser. As Waters' work became more funny and outrageous with Mondo Trasho(1969) and Multiple Maniacs(1970), Divine's performances became richer and wilder; the two achieved immortality with the outrageously raunchy cult classic Pink Flamingos(1972) in which Divine competes to become the "World's Filthiest Person." They continued working together during the late '70s and into the '80s making two of their best films, Female Trouble(1974) and Polyester(1981). Divine also began appearing for other filmmakers, playing a woman in Paul Bartel's Lust in the Dust(1985) and shedding his feminine garb to play a man in Alan Rudolph's Trouble in Mind(1986). In his/her last appearance for Waters's, Hairspray(1988), Divine played a dual role, one male, one female, and was quite effective in both parts.Those who could get past the unremitting weirdness of Divine's performance discovered that the actor/actress had genuine talent, including a natural sense of comic timing and an uncanny gift for slapstick. In 1989 Divine died suddenly of an enlarged heart at the age of 42 while preparing for a guest appearance on Fox TV's Married...With Children.
- Performed her cabaret act at the famed gay men's club, The Continental Baths, in the 70s with Barry Manilow as her accompanist.
- Worked at a Dole pineapple processing plant in Hawaii in her early years.
- Her first big album "The Divine Miss M" was produced by Barry Manilow.
- Graduated from Radford High School, Honolulu, Hawaii in 1963
- Majored in drama at the University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1979" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 31.
- Sang with Tom Waits on "I never talk to strangers" on his album "Foreign Affairs".
- Was the final guest on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962).
- Sang to Johnny Carson on his second-to-last show (The last show was taped highlights).
- She appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "We Are The World."
- One child, daughter Sophie (b. 1986)
- She performed a cover version of the song "Beast of Burden". She also appeared in a video of the song with Mick Jagger that was choreographed by Toni Basil.
- Has brown eyes, hair is naturally blonde
- Measurements: 36 1/2-25-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Ranked #51 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Won four Grammy awards including the 1973 Best New Artist and the prestigious Record of the Year in 1989 for the soaring rendition of her # 1 hit "Wind Beneath My Wings" from the movie Beaches (1988).
- In 1974 she received a special Tony Award "for adding lustre to the Broadway season."
- Is named after Bette Davis and her sisters Susan and Judy are named after Susan Hayward and Judy Garland.
- She is a member of Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority.
- When The American Film Institute announced "The 100 years of the Greatest Songs" on June 22, 2004 two of her hits were selected by the board: "Wind Beneath My Wings" from Beaches (#44), The Rose from The Rose (#83).
- Her album "Bette Midler Sings the Rosemary Clooney Songbook" was originally titled "Rosemary for Remembrance". The name was changed just weeks before the album's September 30, 2003 release.
- The last syllable of her first name is unpronounced because her mother thought that was how Bette Davis pronounced her name.
- She is a huge fan and long time friend of the late singer Rosemary Clooney.
- The role of Delores in Sister Act (1992) was originally written for Midler, however she turned it down.
Naked Photos of Divine are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.