[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Don Cheadle are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Don Cheadle on screen:
Birthday: November 29, 1964
Place: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Don Cheadle. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| An acclaimed character actor of the stage, screen, and television, Don Cheadle may not do it on purpose, but somehow, regardless of the roles he plays, he manages to steal most of the scenes in which he appears. That is no small feat, for the slender African-American actor has, at first glance, a rather unassuming physical presence, particularly when compared to some of his big-name co-stars. An actor whose style compliments rather than overshadows the performances of those around him, Cheadle stands out for his rare ability to bring a laid-back intensity and subtle charisma to his roles.A native of Kansas City, MO, Cheadle was born on November 29, 1964, to a psychologist father and bank manager mother. During his early childhood, his family moved to Denver and then Nebraska. One thing that remained a constant in Cheadle's childhood was his interest in performing, which began around the age of five. In addition to acting, he was interested in jazz music and his parents supported both of these endeavors. By the time he graduated from high school, he had scholarships from both music and acting schools; choosing the latter, he attended the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia. Following graduation, Cheadle made his film debut with a small role as a hamburger server in Moving Violations (1985). He honed his acting skills as a guest star on television series ranging from Hill Street Blues to Night Court, and, in 1992, he landed a regular role as a fussy hotel manager on The Golden Palace. Although the show faltered after only one season, Cheadle landed on his feet, subsequently snagging the plum role of earnest district attorney John Littleton on Picket Fences (1993-1995). While he was building a career on television, Cheadle was also earning a reputation in feature films. He first made an impression on audiences with his lead role in Hamburger Hill (1987), and, in 1994, he had his true screen breakthrough portraying Denzel Washington's best friend in Devil in a Blue Dress. So good was his performance — which earned him a number of film critics awards — that many felt an Oscar nomination was inevitable; when the Academy passed him over, many, including Cheadle, wondered why. However, the actor chalked it up to politics and got on with his career, working steadily throughout the remainder of the decade. 1997 proved to be a big year for him: he co-starred in three major films, Volcano, Boogie Nights, and John Singleton's Rosewood. He won particular praise for his work in the latter two films, earning nominations for SAG and Image awards.The following year, Cheadle made a triumphant return to television with his portrayal of Sammy Davis Jr. in The Rat Pack, winning an Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe award. Also in 1998, he did stellar work in Steven Soderbergh's Out of Sight and Warren Beatty's Bulworth, playing a down and dirty ex-con in the former and a drug lord in the latter. Another Emmy nomination followed in 1999, for Cheadle's powerful portrayal of a school teacher sent in to counsel a young man on death row, in A Lesson Before Dying. Cheadle would become something of a fixture in Soderbergh's films, gaining positive note for his role in Traffic and later turning up in the director's remake of the Rat Pack classic Ocean's 11 the following year.
- Brother of Colin Cheadle.
- Lives with Bridgid Coulter, who plays his wife in Rosewood (1997) 
- Has a sister, Cindy.
- Graduated from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
- Appears uncredited in two back-to-back movies, Rush Hour 2 (2001) and Ocean's Eleven (2001). He played a criminal in both films.
- Drives a hybrid car, Toyota Prius.
- After acting in Hotel Rwanda (2004), a film about the early 1990s Rwandan genocide, he became an activist to raise awareness of the mid-2000s genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan. In January 2005 he traveled to Sudan with five members of congress to see refugee camps and to meet survivors of the genocide. Upon his return, he reported on his trip for "ABC News Nightline" (1980).
- Has a half-brother named Andrew Kilbourne.
- Briefly worked as a stand-up comic early in his career.
- He and Bridgid have two daughters (born in 1995 and 1997).
- The son of a child psychologist and teacher
- Plays the saxophone
- Sister is a teacher in Washington, D.C. and his brother works in Denver's mayor's office
- In July 2005, he officially toured the Hotel des Milles Collines in Kigali, Rwanda on which the film Hotel Rwanda is based.
- Got his first big break starring as the hotel clerk on the short lived Golden Girls spin off The Golden Palace alongside Cheech Marin.
- "Hotel Rwanda" (2004) is ranked #90 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time, the most recent entry on the list.
Naked Photos of Don Cheadle are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.