[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Edward Burns are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Edward Burns on screen:
Birthday: January 29, 1968
Place: Woodside, Queens County, New York, USA
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Edward Burns. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| One of a number of American independent filmmakers launched to prominence in the '90s by virtue of their success at the Sundance Film Festival, writer/director Edward Burns was born in Woodside, Queens, in 1968 and raised on Long Island. After attending Oneonta College and S.U.N.Y.-Albany, he transferred to Hunter College in New York City to study motion pictures; there he helmed a number of short films, including the 15-minute Hey, Sco! Upon graduating, Burns began working at a local news outlet and made Brandy, a 45-minute effort screened as a work in progress at the 1992 Independent Feature Film Market. During the spring of 1993, while working as a production assistant for the television newsmagazine Entertainment Tonight, Burns began conceiving The Brothers McMullen, a comedy focusing on the romantic troubles facing three Irish-Catholic siblings. Shot primarily in his parents' Long Island home, with a cast of unknowns including Burns himself and his then-girlfriend Maxine Bahns, the feature was filmed over eight months' time with a budget of about 25,000 dollars and with the aid of a technical crew comprised largely of fellow Entertainment Tonight staffers. Rejected by a series of distributors, The Brothers McMullen bowed at Sundance in 1995 and won the festival's Grand Jury Prize, becoming one of the most successful independent efforts of the year.For his follow-up, She's the One, Burns retained much of the McMullen cast and crew, including Bahns and actor Mike McGlone; by virtue of his newfound fame, he was also able to cast up-and-coming stars Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz in pivotal roles, and he even solicited an original soundtrack from rocker Tom Petty. Filmed with a comparatively lavish budget of about three million dollars, the romantic comedy premiered during the summer of 1996. Burns soon began work on his third feature, No Looking Back, a romantic drama set in a coastal town's working-class community. The film was released in 1998; that same year, Burns co-starred in the Steven Spielberg World War II epic Saving Private Ryan. In 1999, he was back on the screen with an appearance in Oliver Stone's football drama Any Given Sunday.
- Owns two production companies. One with brother Brian Burns: "Irish Twins". The other is called "Marlboro Road Gang Films", named for the road in Long Island that he grew up on.
- While working as a "go-for" at "Entertainment Tonight" (1981), he financed (for about 25G's), produced, and directed his first film, The Brothers McMullen (1995), in his spare time. Once completed, he got a copy to Robert Redford during an appearance he made at ET. Soon after, Mr. Burns quit his job at ET.
- Worked for "Entertainment Tonight" (1981).
- Has a degree in English from Hunter College, where fellow actors Vin Diesel and Sam Feuer, attended. All three got their big break from Steven Spielberg.
- Father, Edward J. Burns, was a policeman/spokesman for the NY Police Dept.
- Has one sister and one brother.
- Is the middle child.
- Purchased the late 'John F. Kennedy, Jr.' 's Manhattan loft on N. Moore Street for over million. 
- Engaged to model Christy Turlington 
- Got his role in Life or Something Like It (2002) after Edward Norton dropped out of the project.
- Has the same birthday (January 29) as ex-girlfriend Heather Graham
- Broke off his engagement to Christy Turlington, but the couple reunited in October 2002 after a seven-month split.
- Son of Edward J. Burns and brother of Brian Burns
- Is an Irish-American
- Daughter, Grace, was born on October 25th, 2003 in New York
- Is, to the day, 2 years older than Heather Graham.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Actor category for his performance in the film A Sound of Thunder (2005), however, he failed to receive a nomination.
- Son, Finn, born February 2006.
Naked Photos of Edward Burns are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.