[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Eminem are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Eminem on screen:
Birthday: October 17, 1972
Place: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Eminem. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| A phenomenally successful Grammy nominee whose controversial rhymes earned the ire of the more politically correct while simultaneously topping the charts and selling millions of albums to fans who could appreciate his warped sense of humor and pop-culture satire, rapper Marshal Mathers (aka Eminem) came out of left field to dominate the rap music scene before making the inevitable transition into film in the semi-autobiographical drama 8 Mile. Born in St. Joseph, MO, to a single mother whose father quickly abandoned both her and their future child, Mathers spent the majority of his destitute youth traveling between his hometown and the sometimes harsh streets of Detroit. Inspired to pursue a career as a rap artist after his uncle played the soundtrack to Breakin' (1984) for the impressionable nine-year-old, Mathers quickly became enamored with such popular rappers as Ice T and LL Cool J, performing in front of his bedroom mirror nightly and obsessively lip-synching to their skilled and often complex rhymes. Settling in Detroit when the aspiring rapper was twelve years old, Mathers showed little interest in school and dropped out shortly after failing the ninth grade three times due to lack of involvement. It was then that Mathers decided to fully immerse himself in pursuing a career as a rapper. Impressed by his debut album Infinite (1995), Rap Coalition's Wendy Day helped Mathers (now going almost exclusively by the moniker Eminem) to gain a spot in the 1997 Rap Olympics in Los Angeles. Though he didn't take first place, his demo landed in the hands of Interscope Records executives and an appearance on a L.A. radio show resulted in an enduring partnership with legendary rapper and producer Dr. Dre. From this point on there was no looking back and Eminem's uniquely obscene brand of humor proved a formidable force in the world of not only rap music, but also popular music (2000's The Marshal Mathers LP was the first rap album ever to be nominated for Album of the Year honors at that year's Grammys). Having made numerous videos in addition to appearances in such films as Da Hip Hop Witch (2000) and Dr. Dre's The Wash (2001), Eminem was no stranger in front of the camera, and would soon take a starring role in 8 Mile (2002). Directed by Curtis Hanson (L.A. Confidential ), 8 Mile loosely detailed Mathers' rise to stardom while struggling to overcome both racial and personal boundaries. An emotional drama that exposed the tempermental artist to a much wider audience, 8 Mile proved a huge hit at the box office and sent DVD sales soaring when released on home video. By the time the 75th annual Academy Awards rolled around and a visibly surprised Barbara Streisand pronounced Eminem the winner in the Best Song category, fans (many likely as shocked as Streisand herself) rejoiced for the success of their favorite underdog rapper. After staying out of the Hollywood spotlight for a few years, the former Marshall Mathers announced in 2006 his intentions to return to the screen with — of all things — a loose remake of the TV western Have Gun, Will Travel.
- His 2000 album, "The Marshall Mathers LP", sold 1.76 million copies in the first week of release in the U.S., a record for a solo artist.
- His wife Kimberly Mathers was granted physical custody of their 5-year-old daughter, continued financial support, a personal driver, and reinstatement of her credit cards. [29 August 2000]
- 2000 Album "The Marshall Mathers LP" sold a reported 7 million copies. [January 2001]
- Nominated for 4 Grammy awards on January 3, 2001.
- Featured in "Entertainment Weekly" magazine (December 22/29, 2000) and was voted #3 for Entertainer of the Year.
- Dr. Dre is Eminem's mentor.
- Father of Hailie Jade (b. Christmas Day, 1995)
- Raised in Detroit, Michigan.
- Got joint custody of daughter Hailie Jade. 
- With the band D12, Eminem has had a number 10 hit with S**t on you, and a number 2 hit with Purple Hills (originally titled Purple Pills).
- The name 'Eminem' came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers).
- He has had an operation on his knee, which led to his awkward stance at numerous performances.
- Wanted to be a comic book artist
- His ex-wife, Kim, has a twin sister named Dawn.
- He wears glasses
- Cuts his own hair.
- Parodied on "Saturday Night Live" (1975) by Chris Parnell.
- Has said that he would like his daughter, Haile Jade, to become an actress.
- Has a younger half-brother called Nathan (his mother's son from a later marriage), born in 1986.
- Made ,000,000 in 2002 with The Eminem Show LP, as the CEO of Shady Records, and the Anger Managment Tour '02.
- On March 23, 2003 his song "Lose Yourself" from the film 8 Mile (2002) became the first rap song to win an Academy Award. He was not in attendance, and one of the song's co-writers, Luis Resto, accepted the Oscar on his behalf.
- Won a Juno Award (Canada's Grammy Awards) for International Album of the Year.
- The only white person to ever be on the cover of "The Source" and "XXL" magazines.
- Adopted niece, Alaina, giving her his last name.
- Was the only guest artist appearing on Jay-Z's album, "The Blueprint."
- Has a tattoo of his daughter on his right lower shoulder
- Born on the same day as Wyclef Jean.
- Released song, "Toy Soldiers", in which he states he no longer want to argue with Ja Rule and other members of Murder Inc.
- Failed the 9th grade three times until finally dropping out. He said that he was not stupid [which is evident from interviews and his obvious success], but said that he lacked an interest in school. All he wanted to do was rap.
- Favorite movie of all time is Scarface (1983).
- Has a half sister and a half brother on his dad's side; Sarah and Michael Mathers.
- He was voted the 82nd Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of all time by Rolling Stone.
- In May 2003, a minor media stir came about when Eminem refused to allow rock parodist 'Weird Al' Yankovic to produce a video for his "Lose Yourself" parody "Couch Potato". Although semi-official statements from Eminem's camp stated that the rapper wasn't being malicious and simply did not want a parody to detract from his image as a serious hip-hop artist, most of the press that covered the story sided with Yankovic. Despite the lack of the music video, the album featuring the parody, "Poodle Hat", earned Yankovic his highest chart debut in "Billboard" (#17) and, in February 2004, his third Grammy Award.
- Has custody of his niece Lainie (short for Alaina). Lainie and his daughter Hailie have been brought up together and are considered sisters and he refers to both as his daughters. Lainie was mentioned in the song Mockingbird on the "Encore" album.
- Spoofs his character from 8 Mile (2002) in his music video "Just lose it"
- Is a Detroit Pistons fan
- Has his own record company called Shady Records
- The Eminem Show has sold more than eight million albums
- To help support his mother, young Marshall worked as a short-order cook at a Michigan family restaurant called Gilbert's Lodge
- At the 1997 Rap Olympics in Los Angeles, he came in second.
- Announced he is to remarry his ex-wife, Kim Mathers.
- He has sold over 65 million records worldwide (February 2006).
- Created his own fashion line called Shady Limited.
- Filed for divorce less than 3 months after re-marrying his ex-wife.
- Hired young actress Karli Filips twice to portray his daughter, Hailie Jade in his music videos for "Lose Yourself" and "Like Toy Soldiers". When they shot the Toy Soldiers video, Eminem had to be reminded Karli had played his daughter once before.
- Adopted his ex-wife's, Kim, other daughter with another man. Her name is Whitney.
- His "D 12" band mate Proof was best man at his second wedding to Kim Matters.
- His "D 12" band mate Proof was killed in a night club shooting at 5 am. [11th April 2006]
- Eddie Guzelian, a producer on the hit Disney Channel show American Dragon: Jake Long, wrote in his blog for the show that the character of Jake's little sister was named after Hailie, Eminems daughter. Eddie is a big Eminem fan and was actually listening to one of his albums while creating the character.
- Filed for divorce from Kimberly Anne Scott after only 82 days after marrying her for the second time.
- Biography/bibliography in: "Contemporary Authors". Volume 245, pages 121-122. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson Gale, 2006.
Naked Photos of Eminem are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.