[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Gary Oldman are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Gary Oldman on screen:
Birthday: March 21, 1958
Place: New Cross, London, England, UK
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Gary Oldman. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Gary Oldman, the son of a welder and a homemaker, won a scholarship to Britain's Rose Bruford Drama College, where he received a BA in Theatre Arts in 1979. He subsequently studied with the Greenwich Young People's Theatre and went on to appear in a number of plays throughout the early 80s, including "The Pope's Wedding", for which he received Time Out's Fringe Award for Best Newcomer of 1985-1986 and The British Theatre Association's Drama Magazine Award as Best Actor 1985. His film debut was in the 1986 biopic Sid and Nancy (1986), where he played Sex Pistol Sid Vicious, picking up the Evening Standard Film Award as Best Newcomer. In 1988, he received a Best Actor nomination from the British Academy of Film and TV Arts for his portrayal of 60s play-wright 'Joe Orton' . His ability to transform himself physically and his command of accents has allowed him to play a broad range of characters and a number of historical figures, including, in addition to those above, 'Lee Harvey Oswald' (JFK (1991)) and 'Ludwig Van Beethoven' (Immortal Beloved (1994)).
- Brother of Laila Morse.
- Considered a career in music.
- Has one son, Alfie Oldman (b. 1988), from his first marriage to Lesley Manville.
- Dated Isabella Rossellini, met through Immortal Beloved (1994).
- Sons, with Donya Fiorentino: Gulliver Flynn Oldman (b. 20 August 1997) and Charlie John.
- Was arrested for drunk driving in L.A. and released on bail the next morning. His passenger in the car was pal, Kiefer Sutherland. [8 August 1991]
- His library includes essays on Bertolt Brecht, poetry by Roger McGough, a biography of Montgomery Clift, The Elizabethan World Picture, all things Shakespeare, and Jane Austen.
- Has used a different speaking voice (i.e. accent) in practically every movie he's ever been in.
- He and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) co-star Timothy Spall have both played the character of Rosencrantz; Spall in Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet (1996), Oldman in Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990).
- He was awarded the 1985 London Critics Circle Theatre Award (Drama Theatre Award) for Best Actor for his performance in The Pope's Wedding.
- Has played Lee Harvey Oswald in both JFK (1991) and "Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald?" (1992) (mini).
- Dated model-actress Ailsa Marshall from 2002-2005.
- Was orginally signed to play the Prison Warden in _Longest Yard, The (2005)_ before negotiations fell through. That role was then given to James Cromwell.
- His film Nil by Mouth (1997) is loosely based upon his own life growing up in London.
- Submitted a recorded voice audition for General Grievous in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). George Lucas later chose the anonymous audition of Matthew Wood for the role instead.
- Henry & June (1990) is the only film in which he's been credited as "Maurice Escargot."
- Appears in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) with Ralph Fiennes. Both of them have played villains in the Hannibal Lecter series: Fiennes played Francis Dolarhyde in Red Dragon (2002), and Oldman played Mason Verger in Hannibal (2001).
- Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990) was released on DVD the day after his 47th birthday.
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1993
- Graduated from Rose Bruford Drama College 3 year acting course BA-Hons, London, England
- In two movies, his characters have had dynamic relationships with mob bosses named Falcone. In Romeo Is Bleeding (1993), he was working FOR Don Falcone, and in Batman Begins (2005), he was working to bring down Carmine Falcone. In both instances, his character was a cop.
- Like Ian McKellen, he has taken on popular characters in screen adaptations of cult favorite fantasy novels and comic books. He appeared as James Gordon in Batman Begins (2005) and as Sirius Black in the middle three Harry Potter films.
- Although he has spent much of his career playing psychotic and sadistic characters, he has recently moved away from that on screen image by playing more like able, sympathetic characters like Sirus Black in "Harry Potter" and Jim Gordon in Batman Begins (2005)
- Actor Ryan Gosling lists Oldman as his favorite actor.
- He and his ex-wife, Uma Thurman, have both appeared in Batman films. Thurman played Poison Ivy in Batman & Robin (1997), and Oldman played James Gordon in Batman Begins (2005).
- Uncle of Gerry Bromfield and 'Tracy Bromfield'.
- His performance as Sid Vicious in "Sid & Nancy" (1986) is ranked #62 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Trained at Rose Bruford Drama School Sidcup, Kent. Others who trained there include actors Freddy Jones, Ray Fearon, Tom Baker and Stephen Armourae.
Naked Photos of Gary Oldman are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.