[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Hugo Weaving are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Hugo Weaving on screen:
Birthday: April 4, 1960
Place: Austin, Nigeria
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Hugo Weaving. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Hugo Wallace Weaving was born on April 4, 1960 in Nigeria. The middle sibling of three, Hugo has an older brother Simon and a younger sister Anna who both also currently live and work in Australia. During his early childhood, the Weaving family spent most of their time traveling between Nigeria, Great Britain, and Australia. This was due to the cross-country demands of his father's job in the computer industry. Later, during his teens, Hugo spent three years in England in the seventies attending Queen Elizabeth's Hospital School in Bristol. There, he showed early promise in theater productions and also excelled at history, achieving an A in his O-level examination. He arrived permanently in Australia in 1976 and finished his education at Knox Grammar School, Sydney. He graduated from NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Art), a college well-known for other alumni such as Mel Gibson and Geoffrey Rush, in 1981. Since then, Hugo has had a steadily successful career in the film, television, and theater industries. However, he has illustrated that, as renowned as he is known for his film work, he feels most at home on stage and continually performs in Australian theater productions, usually with the Sydney Theater Company. With his success has also come extensive recognition. He has won numerous awards, including two Australian Film Institute Awards (AFI) for Best Actor in a Leading Role and three total nominations. The AFI is the Australian equivalent of an Academy Award, and Hugo won for his performances in Proof (1991) and The Interview (1998). He was also nominated for his performance in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994). He garnered the Best Acting prize for The Interview (1998) at the Montreal Film Festival in 1998 in addition to his AFI Award and, that same year, won the Australian Star of the Year. More recently, roles in films such as The Matrix trilogy as Agent Smith and The Lord of the Rings trilogy as Lord Elrond have considerably raised his international profile. His famous and irreplaceable role in The Matrix movies have made him one of the greatest sci-if villains of the Twenty-first Century. With each new film, television, or theatrical role, Hugo continues to surpass his audience's expectations and remains one of the most versatile performers working today. He resides in Australia with his wife, Katrina Greenwood (an artist whom he wed in 1984), and their two children, Harry and Holly.
- Hugo is an graduate of the NIDA.
- His parents and baby Hugo left Nigeria before he was one year old.
- Children with Greenwood: Harry (b. 1989) and Holly (b. 1993).
- His father worked in the computer industry and moved around a lot. Hugo spent his childhood in South Africa and England before finally settling in Australia.
- Sister Anna-Jane Weaving had a brief singing career in Paris in the mid-80s.
- Nominated for the 2005 Helpmann Award for Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play for his performance in "Hedda Gabler."
- Attended the same high school as Australian actors Adam Garcia, Hugh Jackman, Andrew Johnston, Reg Livermore, writer Stuart Beattie and radio host John Laws.
- Attended the private junior school The Downs School, Wraxall, outside Bristol, whilst living in the UK, which was also briefly attended by Orlando Bloom.
- Suffers from epilepsy. Was once carried off stage during a performance at the Sydney Opera House, after he collapsed and started going into convulsions. His reaction was later attributed to the use of strobe lights in the production.
- Weaving fractured his hip doing a stunt while shooting the "Matrix" sequels. He recovered, but since the injury he has more often been doubled by stunt-men.
- He doesn't own a wristwatch or a cell phone.
- He has suffered from epileptic seizures since he was 13. Because of this, he made the decision early on not to drive and he has never had a driver's license.
- He is a pesco Vegetarians - Pesco vegetarians eat fish but no other meat.
Naked Photos of Hugo Weaving are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.