[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jean-Claude Van Damme are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jean-Claude Van Damme on screen:
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Birthday: October 18, 1960
Place: Berchem-Sainte-Agathe, Brussels, Belgium
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jean-Claude Van Damme. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
When Jean-Claude Van Damme became an international film star, there was some debate as to his ring accomplishments. Former multiple World Kickboxing Champion Don "The Dragon" Wilson even offered Jean-Claude a "0,000" bounty match to get into the ring and fight him. Van Damme brushed off the "challenge" as a publicity stunt. But, the truth of the matter was that Jean-Claude Van Damme had indeed had a kick-boxing career, which turned out to be very successful on the European scene. He fought under his birth name of Jean-Claude Vandenberg. Fighting as a middleweight he captured a version of the European Middleweight Kickboxing Championship in 1980 with a first round knockout which was recorded in less than a minute. His career however, lasted only a few years as his interest lay in a film career. Jean-Claude's record was 12-1 with 12 knockouts.
- His fight scenes are so intense that he won't film them in the U.S. for fear of being sued.
- In 1989, he was sued for "wilfully" gouging the eye of an extra in a swordfight while filming Cyborg (1989).
- Won a court case filed against him by martial arts legend Frank Dux, who claimed he collaborated with Van Damme on his 1996 directorial debut _Quest, The (1996/I)_ , only for Van Damme to deny him any share of the profits. His evidence was lost in an earthquake. Coincidentally, Van Damme played Dux in his debut Bloodsport (1988).
- Former European Professional Karate Association middleweight champion.
- On July 10, 2000, Van Damme was sentenced to a 90 day anti-drunk-driving class, ,2000 fine, 3 years probation and a 90 day revocation of his license after pleading no contest in Beverly Hills for a September 23, 1999 DUI arrest.
- Once said he learned to speak English by watching the cartoon "The Flintstones" (1960).
- In Jesse Ventura's book, he mentions Van Damme as having played Predator (1987) monster until he was fired and replaced by Kevin Peter Hall.
- Studied classical ballet for five years
- Speaks Flemish, English, French, Spanish and German.
- In his late teens he opened a Gym called California Fitness Center.
- Was student of Dominique Valera.
- Was a European Middle Weight Champion in Karate in his late teens.
- Likes classical music and his favorite composer is Beethoven.
- He became a European Karate Champion in 1979 and went to USA to win the World Championship. He didn't win. Few months later he had a rematch with the opponent he lost against in World Championship and he won in less than 2 minutes.
- Can lift 166 kg on a bench.
- Have own production company Long Road Productions (also known as 777 Films Corp).
- Was the original choice to play the title character in Predator (1987).
- Related to Screenwriter Adam Burnett through marriage.
- Former sparring partner of Chuck Norris in the early 80s.
- Children: Kristopher (b. 1987) and Bianca (b. 1990) with Gladys Portugues; son Nicholas (b. 1995) with 'Darcy La Pier' .
- He was the inspiration for the character "Johnny Cage" from Mortal Kombat. One of "Johnny Cage's" special moves was where he did the splits and punched his oppenent in the groin, as seen when Van Damme's character, Frank Dux, punches his large sumo opponent in Bloodsport (1988).
- Under mounds of make-up, he was going to play the title alien villain in "Predator," having even been on set for the shoot, but was replaced by Kevin Peter Hall (who, incidentally, was a foot and a half taller than Van Damme) when director John McTiernan and producer Joel Silver decided to go in a different direction.
- As the original choice to play the role of the alien hunter itself in the movie 'Predator', he hit a few personal snags. For starters, he was not happy with the fact that his face would not be shown on camera, and that he would be having an uncredited special fx role. He was also not fond of the original monster suit...he frequently passed out due to heat exhaustion. Because he complained so much and was very uncooperative, he was fired from the film. When Stan Winston's Predator design came in, Kevin Peter Hall was chosen to play the title role and filled it perfectly. Supposedly, Van Damme has no regrets on backing out of the Predator project.
- Recently purchased an apartment in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Knocked out Strauss in 18 seconds in 1978.
- In 1979 knocked-out Leibman in one round.
- Often states Charlie Chaplin as the first great "action star".
- Adopted 'Van Damme' to his name from one of his friend's father name considering it's punchy, short, and clear than his original name 'Van Veren Berg'.
Naked Photos of Jean-Claude Van Damme are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.