[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jeffrey Wright are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jeffrey Wright on screen:
Birthday: December 7, 1965
Place: Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jeffrey Wright. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Actor Jeffrey Wright has earned an estimable reputation as one of the most versatile character actors of his generation, both on-stage and onscreen. Jeffrey Wright was born in Washington, D.C., in late 1965. Wright's father died when he was only a year old, and his mother, a lawyer working with the United States Customs Department, raised him with the help of her sister, a nurse. A strong student, Wright attended the prestigious St. Alban's School for Boys in Washington, D.C., and went on to receive a B.A. in Political Science at Amherst College in 1987. While at Amherst, Wright developed an interest in acting, and decided to continue his studies in the Theater department at New York University. While Wright was good enough to win an acting scholarship at N.Y.U., after only two months he opted to strike out on his own as a professional. Roles in off-Broadway plays followed, and Wright scored his first film role in 1990 with a bit part in Presumed Innocent. After a number of television roles and much theater work, in 1994 Wright got his big break when he was cast as Belize, Roy Cohn's nurse, in the acclaimed Broadway drama Angels In America: Perestroika; his performance won him a Tony Award. In 1996, Wright scored a breakthrough film role when he was cast in the lead of Basquiat, delivering a strong performance alongside a veteran cast which included Gary Oldman, Willem Dafoe, Dennis Hopper, Christopher Walken, and Benicio del Toro. A steady flow of character roles followed, including showy supporting work in Celebrity, Ride With the Devil, and Shaft, while Wright gave a compelling performance as Dr. Martin Luther King in the made-for-cable film Boycott. Wright continued to pursue his love of live theater as well, winning an Obie Award in 2002 for his performance (opposite Don Cheadle) in Suzan-Lori Parks' play Topdog/Underdog. Critically-acclaimed screen roles in Lackawanna Blues, Broken Flowers, and Syriana kept Wright on the short list for producers in search of quality supporting players, and by bridging the gap between stage and screen with his multi-tiered role in the acclaimed HBO miniseries Angels in America, the actor would would earn both an Emmy and a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor. In 2006 Wright could be seen performing opposite Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard in director M. NIght Shyamalan's modern fairytale Lady in the Water.
- Studied Political Science at Amherst College in Massachusetts.
- Graduated from Amherst College in Massachusetts in 1987
- Won Broadway's 1994 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) for Tony Kushner's "Angels In America: Perestroika," a role he recreated in the television mini-series version, _"Angels in America" (2003)_ . In 2002, he was nominated for Tony's Best Actor (Play) Award for "Topdog/Underdog."
- Received a scholarship to New York University on a theater scholarship but dropped out after two months to act full time.
- He received an honorary degree from Amherst College in 2004.
- Although he alters aspects of his physical appearance for each role, his voice is often unrecognizable from one role to the next. The voices of Belize, with his intelligent, acerbic wit in "Angels in America," to Peoples Hernandez whose vicuous macho confidence is conveyed through his Latino accent in "Shaft," to Al Melvin "The Manchurian Candidate," whose deep grumblings heartbreakingly represent the state of a destroyed man.
- His cousin, Brian Wright, was the boy portrayed young Basquiat in the beginning of the film. The production team needed a young boy to portray Basquiat who also looked like Jeffery Wright. Because of this, Jefferey Wright asked his cousin to do the job.
- Graduated from prestigious St. Albans School for Boys in Washington, DC.
- Is friends with Adrian Pasdar.
- Born exactly one year before C. Thomas Howell.
- Has one son, Elijah
Naked Photos of Jeffrey Wright are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.