[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jesse L. Martin are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jesse L. Martin on screen:
Jesse L. Martin
Birthday: January 18, 1969
Place: Rocky Mount, Virginia, USA
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jesse L. Martin. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Jesse L. Martin is proof that talent and popularity are not mutually exclusive. When the award-winning stage actor joined the cast of NBC's Law and Order in its tenth season, the program's already high ratings increased by 40 percent. Martin's debut episode drew the largest audience in Law and Order's history and positive press attracted more viewers throughout the season. The once starving artist is now both a critic's darling and one of T.V. Guide's "Sexiest People on Television," confirming that he is an actor with genuinely wide appeal. Martin was born Jesse Lamont Watkins on January 18, 1969, in Rocky Mountain, VA. He is the youngest of five sons. Martin's parents, truck driver Jesse Reed Watkins and college counselor Virginia Price, divorced when he was a child. Ms. Price eventually remarried and the boys adopted their stepfather's surname. When Martin was in grade school, the family relocated to Buffalo, NY, and the move was not an immediate success: Martin hated to speak because of his thick Southern accent and was often overcome with shyness. A concerned teacher influenced him to join an after-school drama program and cast him as the pastor in The Golden Goose. Being from Virginia, the young Martin played the character the only way he knew how: as an inspired Southern Baptist preacher. The act was a hit, and Martin emerged from his shell. The actor attended high school at Buffalo School for the Performing Arts, where he was voted "Most Talented" in his senior class. He later enrolled in New York University's prestigious Tisch School of the Arts Theater Program. After graduation, Martin toured the states with John Houseman's Acting Company. He appeared in Shakespeare's Rock-in-Roles at the Actors Theater of Louisville and The Butcher's Daughter at the Cleveland Playhouse, and returned to Manhattan to perform in local theater, soap operas, and commercials. Finding that auditions, regional theater, and bit parts were no way to support oneself, Martin waited tables at several restaurants around the city. He was literally serving a pizza when his appearance on CBS's Guiding Light aired in the same eatery. Martin made his Broadway debut in Timon of Athens, and then performed in The Government Inspector with Lainie Kazan. While employed at the Moondance Diner, he met the late playwright Jonathan Larson, who also worked on the restaurant's staff. In 1996, Larson's musical Rent took the theater world by storm — with Martin in the part of gay computer geek Tom Collins. The '90s update of Puccini's La Boh
- He is a graduate of one of the United States' most famous academic art schools, the Buffalo Academy For Visual and Preforming Arts for grades 5-12
- Is on the Board of Trustees for the Jonathan Larson Performing Arts Foundation
- Along with Jerry Orbach, Fred Dalton Thompson and Leslie Hendrix, he is one of only four actors to play the same character (Detective Ed Green) on all four "Law & Order" series ("Law & Order" (1990), "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999), "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001), and "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005)).
- Has appeared in episodes of three different television series with Sam Waterston: "Law & Order" (1990), "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) and "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005).
- Performed the song "Razzle Dazzle" from the musical Chicago at the 2005 Tony Awards just as the "In Memoriam" section of the show was finishing. The last photo shown during the memorial was that of Jerry Orbach, who was both Martin's costar on Law and Order and the first person to perform "Razzle Dazzle" in the original Broadway production of Chicago.
- Appeared in episodes of three different series with Jerry Orbach: "Law & Order" (1990), "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001).
- Accompanied Jerry Orbach's widow Elaine to the 2005 Tony Awards.
- Worked at the Moondance Diner in New York City with Jonathan Larson.
- Almost Graduated from NYU
- Currently preparing two one-man shows: "Fiend" and an untitled piece based on the life of Marvin Gaye.
- In Law & Order, he works with Jerry Orbach, who played Billy Flynn in the original cast of Chicago. In Rent, (play and film) he works with Taye Diggs, who played the band leader in the 2002 film, and briefly played Flynn himself in late 2002 during the Broadway revival.
- Tom Collins and Angel Dumott Schunard, his character and character's boyfriend in Rent, take their last names from their characters counterparts in La Boheme. Tom Collins (known simply as Collins) is based on Colline, and Angel is based on Schaunard.
- On April 2, 2006, Martin was a featured guest at the awards ceremony of the SunDeis Film Festival at Brandeis University. Martin, introduced to a standing ovation, presented his "Law and Order" co-star S. Epatha Merkerson with the first-ever SunDeis Entertainer of the Year Award, the highlight of the festival weekend.
- The storyline of Detective Green being shot in the line of duty was written into the Law and Order script so that during his 'recovery', Jesse could be in San Fransisco to film Rent.
Naked Photos of Jesse L. Martin are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.