[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of John Amos are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with John Amos on screen:
Birthday: August 19, 1963
Place: Cypress, California, USA
Height: 0' 0"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
John Amos. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| An actor with hulking presence and a stern countenance, John Amos undercuts his ominous appearance with the kind of warm grin and fun-loving attitude that makes him a natural for comedy. More recognizable as a television actor, the former pro football player has made enough visible forays into film to earn him a reputation in both arenas.After stints in a variety of divergent career fields — pro sports, advertising, commercial acting, stand-up comedy, comedy writing — Amos got his big break with the role of Gordy the weatherman on The Mary Tyler Moore Show in 1970. After three years as a side player next to Mary Tyler Moore, Ed Asner, and Ted Knight, Amos thought he'd get the chance for top billing by signing on to the gig for which he is best known: James Evans, the temperamental patriarch of Good Times. But Jimmie Walker, who played son J.J. Evans, soon gave the show a sassy youthful focus with his catchphrase "Dy-no-mite!" stealing the spotlight from Amos and Esther Rolle, who played wife Florida. Amos asked out of his contract after three years, and in 1976, James Evans was killed off in a car accident.The decision to leave a hit series did not squash Amos, as it has some others who have made that bold decision. Instead, Amos stepped into the highly celebrated and widely seen role of the adult Kunta Kinte in the 1977 miniseries Roots. The role challenged the actor's dramatic abilities like none of his previous work had, and he won praise for documenting the travails of a captured African who resists his enslavement.While continuing to turn up in TV series such as Future Cop and Hunter, Amos began making regular appearances in film in the 1980s. Among his more prominent roles were as Seth, companion to Marc Singer's title character in the sword and sorcerer film The Beastmaster (1982); Cleo McDowell, owner of a McDonald's knockoff burger chain and employer of Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall's transplanted dignitaries in Coming to America (1988); and the double-crossing Major Grant, who becomes one of the villains opposite Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2 (1990). Settling back into a career of guest shots on TV shows, Amos occupied himself during the 1990s and beyond with recurring roles on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and as Admiral Percy Fitzwallace on NBC's The West Wing.
- Dated his "General Hospital" (1963) co-star Demi Moore.
- Engaged to model Rebecca Romijn. [24 December 1997]
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world 
- Dated Lori Loughlin
- He purchased a Disneyland entrance sign for over ,000
- Dated Paula Abdul. Once said that if it wasn't for the media, they would still be together.
- In real life he is very close to Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, who played his niece Michelle on "Full House" (1987/I).
- Was considered for the role of Cyclops on X-Men (2000). The part ultimately went to James Marsden.
- Plays the drums, and was the touring drummer for The Beach Boys at one time.
- He and his ex-wife Rebecca Romijn, have both guest-starred on the TV show "Friends" (1994), though not in the same episode.
- His father was of Greek heritage, and his mother is of Irish and English heritage.
- Was the first to announce his departure from "Full House" (1987/I) after the eighth season because of his disapproval of the shows planned move from ABC to the WB after the eighth season. Candace Cameron Bure (then yet Candace Cameron) also planned on the eighth season being her last so that she could go to college, so the rest of the cast and crew decided that, instead of having a ninth season, the eighth season on ABC would be the last one for "Full House" (1987/I).
- Shares the same birthday with "Friends" (1994) co-star Matthew Perry
- Has two younger sisters, Janeen & Alaina
- Parents are William 'Bill' John Stamos (1934-1998) & Loretta Phillips
- Grew up in Cypress, CA; hometown of fellow "Full House" (1987/I) star Jodie Sweetin, Michael Fishman (DJ on "Roseanne" (1988)) and Tiger Woods.
- Loves Elvis Presley.
Naked Photos of John Amos are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.