[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Joseph Fiennes are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Joseph Fiennes on screen:
Birthday: May 27, 1970
Place: Salisbury, Wiltshire, England, UK
Height: 0' 0"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Joseph Fiennes. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| With outrageously long-lashed brown eyes and darkly sensuous looks, Joseph Fiennes has joined his older brother Ralph as the English embodiment of sex for scores of women the world over. After years of working in his brother's shadow, Fiennes emerged in 1998, as one of the movie industry's hottest properties, thanks to roles in two back-to-back hits, Elizabeth and Shakespeare in Love.Born May 27, 1970, in Salisbury, England, Fiennes and his twin brother Jacob were the youngest of six children, Ralph being the eldest. The son of a photographer father and a novelist mother who went under the nom de plume of Jennifer Lash, Fiennes and his siblings had a fairly nomadic upbringing, moving 14 times over the course of the actor's childhood. His parents had strong artistic leanings, something they encouraged among their children, and so Fiennes grew up in a very creative atmosphere. After leaving art school, he began working with the Young Vic Theatre Company and then trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. He made his first professional stage appearance in A Month in the Country, in which he performed opposite Helen Mirren. After two seasons with the Royal Shakespeare Company, Fiennes was cast in a cameo role in the 1992 television drama A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia, in which Ralph played the titular hero. The actor's next role of any importance was in the 1995 British TV series The Vacillations of Poppy Carew, which cast him opposite Tara Fitzgerald. Following this, Fiennes made his onscreen debut in Bernardo Bertolucci's 1996 film Stealing Beauty, in which he had a fairly small part but was able to act in the company of individuals such as Jeremy Irons, Sinead Cusack, and Liv Tyler. It was 1998 that proved to be Fiennes' breakthrough year. With consecutive roles as Cate Blanchett's lover in Elizabeth and as William Shakespeare in Shakespeare in Love, Fiennes commanded the audience's attention with performances that were marked by a mix of intensity, charm, and brooding charisma. The fact that he didn't look ridiculous in tights also helped and by the end of the year, with both films having garnered a score of awards (including seven Oscars for Shakespeare alone), it looked as though Fiennes had finally emerged from behind his brother's shadow, proving that talent, as well as a favorable gene pool, were common currency among his family members.
- In 1998, he played two different men in the Elizabethan era: Robert Dudley in Elizabeth (1998) and William Shakespeare in Shakespeare in Love (1998). Both of these men were cheating on their wives. The "women" he cheated with were both nominated for Best Actress Academy Awards: Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth (1998) and Gwyneth Paltrow (who won) for Shakespeare in Love (1998).
- Dated Catherine McCormack. [1998 - 2000]
- Dated Sara Griffiths. [1991 - 1998]
- Brother of actor Ralph Fiennes and director Martha Fiennes.
- Fraternal twin of Jacob Mark Fiennes (a gameskeeper).
- Son of late novelist Jini Fiennes (aka Jennifer Lash).
- Both Joseph and his brother, Ralph Fiennes, have romanced the same leading lady, Cate Blanchett, in different films; Joseph in Elizabeth (1998) and Ralph in Oscar and Lucinda (1997).
- While it is already mentioned how Fiennes' characters in Shakespeare in Love (1998) and Elizabeth (1998) were both married and cheating on their wives, there is more. Both the characters failed to tell their lovers that he was married, and both the lovers found out from someone else.
- Dated Fiona Holly. [2001-2002]
- Chosen as one of the 50 most sexiest stars by People-magazine in 1999.
- Is the youngest of 6 children - older siblings; Ralph Nathaniel Fiennes (b. 22 Dec 1962), Martha Maria Fiennes (b. 1964), Magnus Hubert Fiennes (b. 1965), Sophia Victoria Fiennes (b. 1967) and Jacob Mark Fiennes (b. 27 May 1970). Jacob is Joseph's fraternal twin. Joseph also has a foster brother, Michael Emery (b. 31 Dec 1952) who has been with the family since he was 11.
- Was Roman Polanski's first choice for the main role in The Pianist (2002), but turned it down due to a previous commitment to the theatre.
- Has toyed with the idea of being a painter, and still carries a sketchbook around.
- Often plays characters who write either novels, plays, poetry or other literary works.
- Is involved in a number of charities and causes, including The Prince's Trust, of which he's an ambassador.
- Greatly skilled at swimming, horse riding, tennis and rock-climbing.
- Tipped to play mountaineer George Mallory on film (2001).
- Is reported to have been in talks to re-unite with Gwyneth Paltrow in a new British-backed production of John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi (2003).
- Was the first choice for the role of Lord Darlington in Mike Barker's A Good Woman (2004), starring Helen Hunt and Scarlett Johansson. Turned it down to play Bassanio in Michael Radford's adaptation of William Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice" (2004).
- Reported to have been in talks with Bernardo Bertolucci to star in a film based on the life of 16th-century artist Gesualdo da Venosa.
- Brother-in-law of George Tiffin.
- Ex-brother-in-law of Alex Kingston.
- Tipped to play a father in search of his young son in the period thriller Jeremy Brock.
- Tipped to star as Lord Byron on film, after having played the poet for the BBC radio series 'Byron's Women'.
- Was considered to play the role of The Abbe du Coulmier in Quills (2000), alongside twice co-star and friend Geoffrey Rush.
- Was due to play Iago in the West End in a production of "Othello" back in 2001, which was to be directed by Michael Grandage, after having successfully teamed up with the director in Christopher Marlowe's "Edward II", where Fiennes played the title role.
- Was set to succeed Omar Sharif as Yuri Zhivago, in a remake of the classic Doctor Zhivago (1965).
- 4th cousin of Lord Saye & Sele, owner of Broughton Castle, which appears in Shakespeare in Love as Viola's house.
- 8th cousin to HRH The Prince of Wales.
- Attended art school in Suffolk, England at the age of 17.
- Attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Sister Sophie Fiennes is a documentary film-maker. Brother Magnus Fiennes is a Composer.
- Met Filipina-Australian girlfriend Natalie Jackson Mendoza in Queensland, Australia, while filming The Great Raid (2005) in 2002. He got her to take acting classes at the Bristol Old Vic, and move in with him to Notting Hill, West London in September 2002. [2002-2003]
- Lost 21 pounds in order to play POW Major Gibson in The Great Raid (2005).
- He turned down a lucrative five-picture deal with Miramax after the success of Shakespeare in Love and Elizabeth. He traveled to India instead.
- Moved 14 times during his childhood between London, Wiltshire and Ireland.
- Was offered the leading role in Francis Ford Coppola's Youth Without Youth.
- He and his brother Ralph have also both worked with Rachel Weiss, in Enemy at the Gates and The Constant Gardener.
- Is dyslexic.
Naked Photos of Joseph Fiennes are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.