[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Kal Penn are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Kal Penn on screen:
Birthday: April 23, 1977
Place: Montclair, New Jersey, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Kal Penn. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| By the time Kal Penn took to the screen for a scene-stealing performance in the 2002 comedy Van Wilder, the emerging actor had been appearing in television and film for nearly four years. With roles in such high-profile small-screen efforts as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and Spin City already under Penn's belt, it was obvious to those in the know that it was only a matter of time before the young comic talent's career took off. The New Jersey native started out his education at the Freehold Regional High School District's Performing Arts High School, followed by intense training in the New York theater scene. Penn next set his sites on the West Coast and the University of California. A slew of television roles including the aforementioned efforts followed, with a feature debut coming in the form of the 1999 culture-clash drama Freshmen. A supporting role in the Indian-American-themed romantic comedy American Desi was quick to follow, with the next year's Van Wilder providing Penn with the most exposure to date. In 2003, Penn stepped up the credit list with a role in Where's the Party Yaar?, a comedy that once again humorously addressed the issues of being an Indian-American. By the time Penn landed a role in the 2003 romantic comedy Love Don't Cost a Thing, the talented young actor had become a familiar face to moviegoers and his comic skills were widely recognized. Back on television, Penn could be seen in the 9/11 NBC drama Homeland Security, though television was not functioning as a safe haven in this case, and it was only a matter of time before he was given his own starring role in a mainstream blockbuster. Cast as one-half of a pair of twentysomething roommates whose overwhelming case of the munchies leads them on a wild search for the eponymous hamburger in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Penn was able to flex his comic abilities opposite American Pie and Better Luck Tomorrow star John Cho. While roles in such widely-panned 2005 comedies did little to keep Penn in the public eye, a supporting part as one of Lex Luthor's henchmen in the 2006 blockbuster Superman Returns did afford the talented comic actor a bit of screen time, along with provoiding him the rare opportunity to rough-up the Man of Steel before his character was unceremoniously disposed of without having so much as uttered a single line of dialogue.
- Born in New Jersey, now resides in L.A.
- He and the other students were banned from using the word "like" in his acting classes, this was to make them sound more intelligent during auditions.
- He attended the Fine and Performing Arts Center at Howell High School in Farmingdale, New Jersey where he went though an intense study of the arts in acting, dance/movement, and vocal training.
- Once directed Jason Allentoff in a short film for a college project.
- Is a vegetarian, contrary to the role that he plays in 'Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)' .
- Met future "Where's Party Yaar?" co-star Datta Dave and Dave's current financial adviser Mihir Upadhyaya during college at UCLA. He assisted Dave in his pursuit of an acting career.
- Has one younger brother.
- His father is an engineer and his mother, who has a master's in chemistry, worked as a fragrance evaluator for a perfume company.
- When he was in 8th grade he was in a school production of the musical, The Wiz.
- Is of Gujarati Indian descent.
- Although he attended Howell High School's performing arts program, he later transferred to Freehold township High school where he graduated in 1995
- Lives in same Los Angeles apartment building as director Leon Shanglebee.
- Born on the same day as WWE wrestler John Cena
- Attended UCLA
- Began using the name Kal Penn, a variation on his first name Kalpen, to get more roles; he believed that his difficult foreign name would scare away potential employers.
Naked Photos of Kal Penn are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.