[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Karl Urban are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Karl Urban on screen:
Birthday: June 7, 1972
Place: Wellington, New Zealand
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Karl Urban. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Considering his previous experience essaying the recurring role of Julius Caesar on the popular small screen fantasy adventure series Xena: Warrior Princess, it seems only natural that New Zealand born actor Karl Urban would advance to slay orcs in Peter Jackson's epic Lord of the Rings trilogy. Appearing as a somewhat more rugged version of screen heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio, it's obvious from his work in such films as The Price of Milk that the handsome young actor has the looks and the skills to make it on his own. A Wellington native and son of a leather goods manufacturer, Urban's first acting experience came with an appearance in a New Zealand television show at the age of eight. Though he would subsequently eschew an acting career until after graduating from high school, Urban was drawn back in front of the cameras when he was offered the opportunity to appear on an evening soap opera entitled Shortland Street while preparing to attend Victoria University. The acting bug was a bit harder to shake the second time around, and after a mere year at Victoria, Urban abandoned higher education for a career on the stages of Wellington. A relocation to Auckland found Urban gaining exposure on New Zealand television, and after a turn as a heroin addict in Shark in the Park, he made an impression in the 1998 Scott Reynolds thriller Heaven. An unaired pilot for a show called Amazon High was eventually incorporated into an episode of Xena, and Urban would next take to the screen for the gory horror outing The Irrefutable Truth About Demons. A turning point of sorts came when Urban was cast as the lead in the romantic fantasy The Price of Milk, and his performance as a milk farmer whose relationship is on the rocks found him gaining increasing recognition on the international art house circuit. Though mainstream American audiences would begin to get acquainted with Urban courtesy of his role in the seafaring horror outing Ghost Ship, his role in the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers later that same year ensured that audiences would be seeing plenty more of him in the future. Following his escapades in Middle Earth, Urban would take to the stars opposite Vin Diesel in The Chronicles of Riddick (2004). Action roles continued to come at a clip when, after dodging bullets in the fast-moving sequel The Bourne Supremacy, Urban jettisoned to Mars to do battle with a particularly nasty breed of evil in the video game-to-screen adaptation Doom. From the far future to the distant past, Urban next laid down his plasma rifle to take up sword against his own people when he assumed the role of a Viking boy raised by Native Americans in director Marcus Nispel's 2006 fantasy adventure Pathfinder.
- Karl is, and has almost always been, very active. He worked on his aunt and uncle's farm for many years doing odd jobs. For filming the Lord of the Ring's movies, he realized that Eomer was a consummate horseman and he was nowhere near that level, so he invested a lot of time learning-six to eight weeks, five days a week, two hours a day. He wanted to get to the point where he could neck reign-hold control of the animal with one hand while leaving the other hand free to wield a sword. He wanted to be so at one with the horse that he wasn't conscious or concerned about what the horse was doing. In addition, Karl also enjoys indoor rock climbing.
- Has a black lab terrior named Ire (pronounced eye-ree) after a Bob Marley song (from the album Uprising).
- Hobbies include fishing, surfing, golf, and gardening.
- Had a beret and coat to perform self-written Frank Spencer skits at the ages of 11 and 12 as school assembly entertainment.
- Primary school classmate of Jack Yan.
- Reportedly received a 0,000 bonus for his work on "The Lord of the Rings." [London Daily Mail, December 5, 2003]
- Has one son, Hunter (born in November 2000), with partner Natalie
- Did 4 roles on Xena the warrior princess wich were: Cesar the emperor, Kor a caveman, Cupid son of Aphrodite and Mael (biblical character) Isaac's brother.
- His character of Cupid was originally written into the Xena: Warrior Princess season 5 finale episode "Motherhood" but Urban was unavailable because he was filming The Lord of the Rings elsewhere in New Zealand. As compensation, Rob Tapert wrote the season 6 episode "When Fates Collide" specifically for him, this time for his more popular character of Julius Caesar. Tapert also used this episode as am opportunity to bid farewell to two other fan favorite recurring characters; Alti and Brutus, portrayed by Claire Stansfield and David Franklin. "When Fates Collide" became one of the most popular episodes of the entire series.
- Was introduced in the second installment of the three big franchises he has appeared in: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), The Bourne Supremacy (2004) and The Chronicles of Riddick (2004).
Naked Photos of Karl Urban are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.