[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Liev Schreiber are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Liev Schreiber on screen:
Birthday: October 4, 1967
Place: San Francisco, California, USA
Height: 6' 3"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Liev Schreiber. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Displaying the kind of off-kilter charm that makes him a natural for leading roles in independent films and character parts in mainstream features, Liev Schreiber has made a name for himself on both circuits. Born October 4, 1967, in San Francisco, Schreiber was raised on New York's Lower East Side. Although he initially wanted to become a writer, he decided to try his hand at acting, training at both London's prestigious Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and the Yale School of Drama.Schreiber's first acting job was on Broadway, where he appeared in In the Summer House. More theater work followed and in 1994, the actor made his film debut in the Steve Martin comedy Mixed Nuts. The film was an unequivocal flop, although Schreiber's role as a rather muscular transvestite proved to be one of the picture's few memorable features. His next project, the 1995 indie Denise Calls Up, fared a little better; despite almost non-existent box office ratings, it was rewarded with critical approval. Following more minor film work, he landed the role of a British bouncer in the successful indie flick Party Girl (1995), which also starred nascent indie queen Parker Posey. Schreiber got an introduction to a more mainstream audience thanks to his role as killer Cotton Weary in Wes Craven's mega-hit Scream, a role he reprised in the film's sequel, Scream 2 (1997). The same year, Schreiber had leading roles in two more independent films, The Daytrippers (which again paired him with Posey) and Walking and Talking, as well as a secondary role in the bloated Mel Gibson thriller Ransom. Deftly straddling the divide between Sundance and the studio, Schreiber went on to make three major mainstream pictures in 1998: Phantoms, with Rose McGowan and Ben Affleck; Twilight with Susan Sarandon, Paul Newman, and Gene Hackman; and Sphere with Samuel L. Jackson, Sharon Stone, and Dustin Hoffman. The following year, Schreiber returned to more familiar territory with his role in Tony Goldwyn's small but successful drama A Walk on the Moon. As the man Diane Lane cuckolds for Viggo Mortensen, Schreiber mined endless possibilities from what could have been a narrow role, giving his character the sort of charming, good-intentioned inadequacy that became one of the actor's trademarks.In 2000, Schreiber returned to the role of Cotton Weary a third time to close out the Scream franchise. It was around this time that he also began doing a considerable amount of voice-over work, mainly for PBS's NOVA series. As the decade progressed, Schreiber continued to be a presence in bigger mainstream projects, such as the 2002 adaptation of Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears. Two years later, he could be seen in another high-profile politically-tinged thriller, this time opposite Denzel Washington in director Jonathan Demme's remake of The Manchurian Candidate.In 2005 he made his directorial and screenwriting debut with Everything Is Illuminated, and appeared in the critically acclaimed, Golden Globe-winning HBO movie Lackawanna Blues, a life-affirming film about a selfless black woman (played by S. Epatha Merkerson) in 1950's segregated New York who provides a home and a guiding hand to the youths who come to live at her boarding house. His 2006 project would be quite a departure from this sweet, poignant tale, as Schreiber took the role of Robert Thorne in John Moore's remake of the 1976 horror classic The Omen. Heavily publicized for its 666 release date (June 6th, 2006), the film pleased horror fans, as did Schreiber's performance as husband to Julia Stiles and father to the infamous Damien, a little boy who seems to harbor an evil that at best makes him disturbingly cold and at worst, places him at the crux of the devil's own plan for hell on Earth. Schreiber next went into production on The Painted Veil, an adaptation of the novel by W. Somerset Maugham. Playing the playboy whom Naomi Watts cuckolds her husband with, the actor immersed himself in the part for the psychological drama.
- Graduated from Friends Seminary High School in Manhattan
- Attended London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art & Hampshire College
- Son of actor Tell Schreiber and Heather
- Training: Yale School of Drama
- Has four half brothers and one half sister
- His mother says she named him after her favorite author , Leo Tolstoy. His father says he was named after a doctor in San Francisco who saved his mother's life.
- Attended high school with actress Amanda Peet when he was a senior and she was a freshman.
- Brother of actor Pablo Schreiber
- Both of his parents are of German heritage. His mother German-Jewish and his father was of German-Catholic heritage. Liev was raised and practices as a Jew.
- Frequently does voice-over and narration work for advertisements and documentaries.
- Prefers to keep his dating life private, although he has been romantically linked to actress Kristin Davis and to film producer Kate Driver (Minnie Driver's sister).
- Has worked with actress Rose McGowan in two different horror films - _Scream (1996)_ and Phantoms (1998).
- Last name means "writer" in German
- Along with David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and Jamie Kennedy, he is one of only five actors to appear in all three 'Scream' films.
- After his parents divorced, he and his siblings saw their father very little during childhood.
- The role for which he won his first Tony award (Richard Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross) also won Joe Mantegna the Featured Actor in a Play Tony for the same role 21 years earlier in 1984. The 2005 production was directed by Joe Mantello.
- Yale graduate.
- He accompanied his girlfriend Naomi Watts to the King Kong (2005) premiere in New York. It was their first public appearance together.
Naked Photos of Liev Schreiber are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.