[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Oliver Stone are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Oliver Stone on screen:
Birthday: September 15, 1946
Place: New York, New York, USA
Height: 0' 0"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Oliver Stone. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Undoubtedly one of the most controversial directors in Hollywood, Oliver Stone has made films that are remarkable for both the way in which their subject matter is handled and the degree of controversy such handling inspires. Although he has served as a producer, screenwriter, and actor on a variety of films, Stone is consistently identified with his more political works, from 1986's Platoon, the first of his so-called Vietnam trilogy, to Nixon, his 1995 take on the finer points and parables of the Nixon administration. Despite this association with political films, Stone has stated that he considers his films "first and foremost to be dramas about individuals in personal struggles," and that he believes himself to be a dramatist rather than a political filmmaker.Born in New York City on September 15, 1946, Stone grew up nurturing his love of films. He was particularly inspired by Luis Bu
- Educated at Yale and New York University.
- Born at 9:58am-EDT
- Did a tour of duty in Vietnam.
- In Vietnam Stone won the Bronze Star for Valor and the Purple Heart with First Oak Leaf Cluster. Stone was jailed for marijuana possession in Mexico at the age of 21.
- Children: With Elizabeth Stone (divorced) Sean Stone, Michael Jack Stone. With Chong Son Chong (girlfriend), Tara Chong Stone.
- His father Louis Stone was a successful stockbroker on Wall Street, then he suffered some financial setbacks due to bad investments and a bitter divorce from Oliver's mother Jacqueline. The movie Wall Street (1987) is supposed to be modeled after Lou.
- Oliver's father met his mother while he was President Dwight D. Eisenhower aide in WWII in France. As a child he was raised by a nanny because his mother frequently took vacations to France. He grew up as a child of privilege.
- Arrested for drunken driving and possession of hashish. [June 1999]
- Says he kicked a cocaine habit by moving to France while writing Scarface (1983).
- Friends with Lloyd Kaufman, founder and president of Troma.
- Speaks French fluently.
- Underwent infantry training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
- Shares the exact same birthday as good friend and star of some his films, Tommy Lee Jones. Both were born on September 15, 1946.
- The same drum theme playing in the beginning of JFK (1991) (for which he was a producer), plays three times in The Day Reagan Was Shot (2001) (TV) (for which he was an executive producer).
- Is a friend and admirer of Cuban Premier Fidel Castro, and recently shot a documentary about the world's longest reigning Communist leader, titled Comandante (2003). It was to air on HBO in May 2003, but due to protests by anti-Castro Cuban-American activists, it was shelved until 2003.
- Directed two comedians/comic actors in their first and only dramatic roles; John Candy in JFK (1991) and Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers (1994).
- On September 14, 1967, he left for Vietnam and was assigned to the 2nd Platoon of Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Infantry Division, stationed near the Cambodian border, as "Pvt. Bill Stone" (fearing that "Oliver" was too effeminate).
- Wrote a collegiate letter of recommendation for Claire Danes when she applied to his alma mater, Yale University. She was quickly accepted.
- Often talks about the experience of his father Louis Stone taking him to lose his virginity to a prostitute in his mid-teens.
- Was voted the 43rd Greatest Director of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- His mother is French.
- Was taught by Martin Scorsese at New York University Film School.
- His 11-minute student film made at NYU is called Last Year in Viet Nam (1971).
- As of 2004, stone is attached to direct several projects. "Spite House", which he wrote and will direct about Vietnam. "The Fountainhead", based on the Ayn Rand novel. "Lennon", a biopic of John Lennon, a biopic of Margaret Thatcher, and a biopic of sorts about an attempted assassination plot by the Republican party against President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the 19
- Directed 8 different actors in Oscar-nominated performances: James Woods, Tom Berenger, Willem Dafoe, Michael Douglas, Tom Cruise, Tommy Lee Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Joan Allen. Douglas won an Academy Award for Wall Street (1987).
- Known for the political content of his films, Stone was a member of the Class of 1968 at Yale University along with US President Bill Clinton administration adviser Strobe Talbot and future President George W. Bush (John Kerry was also there at the same time as Stone, though he was several classes ahead of '68). Stone left Yale after only one year (he failed all his second-semester freshman classes) and ended up joining the army and fighting in Vietnam. He never returned to graduate from Yale.
- Was attached to direct American Psycho (2000) with Leonardo DiCaprio in talks to star as Patrick Bateman. After DiCaprio left the project to make The Beach (2000/I) Stone left it also.
- Received two Academy Award nominations for best original screenplay in the same year, 1987 (Salvador (1986) and Platoon (1986)) but lost to Woody Allen for Hannah and Her Sisters (1986).
- Has directed four actors into Best Actor Oscar nominations, and three actors to Best Supporting Actor nominations. Lead roles were James Woods (Salvador (1986)), Michael Douglas (Wall Street (1987)), Tom Cruise (Born on the Fourth of July (1989)) and Anthony Hopkins (Nixon (1995)). Supporting roles were Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger ("Platoon") and Tommy Lee Jones (JFK (1991)).
- Following the furor over JFK (1991), Stone addressed the U.S. Senate over the continued secrecy of documents relating to the John F. Kennedy assassination. Partly through his efforts, the government began declassifying documents.
- Interviewed in "Directors Close Up: Interviews with Directors Nominated for Best Film by the Directors Guild of America", ed. by Jeremy Kagan, Scarecrow Press, 2006.
Naked Photos of Oliver Stone are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.