[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Patrick Duffy are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Patrick Duffy on screen:
Birthday: March 17, 1949
Place: Townsend, Montana, USA
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Patrick Duffy. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Youngest of 2 children, and only son born to Terrence and Marie Duffy. He is NOT related to Julia Duffy, of "Newhart" (1982) fame. Patrick was born in Montana, where his parents owned local taverns, and raised in Seattle since age 12. He wanted to become a professional athlete, and became a certified scuba diver while in his teens. However, his involvement in his high school's drama department led him to apply to the Professional Actors Training Program at the University of Washington, Seattle. He was one of 12 people accepted, from over 1,200 applicants. He ruptured both of his vocal cords during his senior year of college, but he created the position of actor-in-residence, where he worked as an interpreter for ballet, opera, and orchestra companies in Washington. He also taught mime and movement classes. Around this time, he met his wife, Carlyn, a ballet dancer with the First Chamber Dance Company of New York. Carlyn introduced Patrick to Buddhism, which he has practiced for the past 30 years. The couple married in a Buddhist temple in 1974. They then moved to New York, where Patrick appeared in Off-Broadway plays, and supported himself and his wife by working as a carpenter. The couple then moved to Hollywood, where he drove a florist's delivery truck, and landed small roles in film and television. His son, Padraic Duffy, was born in 1974/5. In 1976, Patrick was working as a house painter when he landed the role of "Mark Harris" in the TV series "The Man from Atlantis" (1977). Two years later, he won the role of "Bobby Ewing" on "Dallas" (1978). His second son, Conor Duffy, was born in 1979/80. In 1986, his parents were murdered by 2 teenagers who raided their tavern in Montana. Patrick has continued to work, however, starring in a variety of TV movies, and as "Frank Lambert" on his third TV series, "Step by Step" (1991). Since SBS was canceled in 1997, Patrick has continued to pursue his TV career, which includes 2 Dallas reunion movies. He and his wife live in the Los Angeles area, and also own a home in southern Oregon.
- Named 1 of the 100 Alumni of the Century by the University of Washington.
- He attended the University of Washington, Seattle, where he was an actor-in-residence in UW's theatre program.
- Stated on "Politically Incorrect" (1994) that he has been a Buddhist for the past 30 years. [August 1999]
- In 22 years in show business, he's only been out of work a total of 3 weeks (as of January 2000).
- Loves golf and has played in celebrity tournaments.
- His wife is 10 years his senior.
- Graduated from Cascade High School in Everett, Washington in 1967.
- Son Padraic Duffy played "Mark Harris" on "Dallas" (1978). "Mark Harris' was the name of Patrick's character on "The Man from Atlantis" (1977).
- Patrick could hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes during his "The Man from Atlantis" (1977) days.
- Patrick collects antique toys and childrens' books.
- Two sons Padraic Terrence (b. 1974) and Conor Frederick (b. 1979)
- Son Conor Duffy played "Little J.R." on the final episode of "Dallas" (1978) in 1991.
- Patrick's wife is the one who suggested the "dream season" to explain Bobby Ewing's return from the dead on "Dallas" (1978).
- "Dallas" (1978) producer Leonard Katzman hired a non-"Dallas" (1978) crew to film what the crew believed to be an Irish Spring commercial with Patrick Duffy. The crew spent hours filming the commercial, which was then superimposed into a scene from "Dallas" (1978). The result is the famous shower scene where Duffy's character, "Bobby Ewing", returns from the dead and says "Good Morning" to his TV wife, played by Victoria Principal. Principal did not know that Duffy was returning to the show until she saw that cliffhanger on TV, and then phoned Duffy.
- Earned ,000 per episode of "Dallas" (1978), plus million signing bonus (1986-91).
- Wears a medical alert bracelet on his right wrist to draw attention to his potentially fatal penicillin allergy.
- He and his wife first met on a bus.
- Son, Conor Frederick Duffy, graduated from the University of Washington, Seattle in June 2001 with a degree in Drama.
- Son, Padraic, graduated from Princeton University in 1996.
- His last name means "black" in Irish, probably referring to black hair.
- On November 18, 1986, teenagers Kenneth Miller and Sean Wentz murdered Patrick's parents, Terrence and Marie Duffy, during a robbery at the couple's Boulder Bar in Montana. Wentz and Miller each named the other as the one who fired the shots that killed the Duffys, but both men were convicted of double murder and were each sentenced to 180 years in prison. Later, Wentz recanted his testimony and told prosecutors he was the one who murdered the couple, but Miller's November 2000 appeal of clemency was denied.
- Sons: Padraic Terrence and Conor Frederick.
- Plays the piano.
- Patrick's nephew is Oakland A's Cy Young winning pitcher Barry Zito. Patrick's wife is the sister of Barry's mother.
- Cheerleader in High School.
- Father-in-law of Emily Cutler.
- Granddaughter Fiona Lee Duffy born summer 2006.
Naked Photos of Patrick Duffy are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.