[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Phil Collins are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Phil Collins on screen:
Birthday: January 30, 1951
Place: Chiswick, London, England, UK
Height: 5' 6"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Phil Collins. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Phil Collins spent most of his early entertainment life as a young actor and model. He played the Artful Dodger in the West End production of "Oliver!" alongside the future movie screen Artful Dodger, Jack Wild. His interest in music and drumming began at school, where he drummed with a stage school band "The Real Thing", subsequently joining "Freehold" and "Flaming Youth". Flaming Youth recorded an album to some critical acclaim, although the group disbanded shortly afterward. Collins later successfully auditioned for Genesis, taking over vocals from Peter Gabriel when he left the band in 1975.After separating from his first wife, Collins recorded his first solo LP, "Face Value". The album was well received, and Collins started to become a household name after the song "In the Air Tonight" was featured on the US TV show "Miami Vice" (1984). This instigated a guest appearance on the show playing a game show host. His third LP, "No Jacket Required", produced multiple chart hits and awards.Collins is an active musician and entertainer, contributing and guesting regularly on many albums, ranging from Gary Brooker and "Camel" (Peter Frampton's old band) to Eric Clapton. Current projects include his solo career as a vocalist, recording with Genesis, the Jazz Fusion group Brand X and his Swing Band.
- Singer/Drummer; Ex-Member of the rock band Genesis.
- Son, Nicholas Grev Austin, born in Geneva; 7 lbs 4 oz. [21 April 2001]
- Father of actress, Joely Collins.
- Appointed a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order in 1994.
- Trustee, Prince's Trust, since 1983.
- Left Genesis in 1996.
- Beat "South Park" (1997) creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone for Best Original Song Oscar in 1999. In return, Parker and Stone have ridiculed Phil Collins in several "South Park" (1997) episodes.
- Beat out many singers as a replacement for vocalist Peter Gabriel after Gabriel left Genesis for a solo career. Most fans didn't really notice, not only due to the similarity in both singers voices, but because Collins had been singing back up to Gabriel for years in the band.
- Along with Tony Thompson of The Power Station, he sat in for the late John Bonham during Led Zeppelin's performance at Live Aid.
- Played at both Wembley Stadium in London and John F. Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia segments of Live Aid. He was able to accomplish the feat by hopping on the Concord and flying to Philadelphia as soon as he finished his set in London.
- Played drums on Robert Plant's first two solo albums as well as accompanying Plant on his first solo tour.
- Performed at the BBC's annual Children in Need charity event. [21 November 2003]
- Has a son, Simon (b. 1976) and daughter, Joely (b. 1973) with his first wife, Andrea; a daughter, Lily (b. 1989) with his second wife, Jill; and a son, Nicholas (b. 2001) with his current wife, Orianne.
- He plays the piano.
- In 2000, Mariah Carey and Westlife had a British number one hit with a cover of his song "Against All Odds" (originally a hit for Collins in 1984).
- In 1999, he reunited with his former Genesis band mates Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Steve Hackett for a re-recording of the Genesis song "The Carpet Crawlers" (originally from their 1974 album "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"), which appears on the Genesis compilation "Turn it on Again".
- He never topped the UK singles chart with Genesis but had solo number ones with "You Can't Hurry Love" (1983), "Easy Lover" (1985) and "A Groovy Kind of Love" (1988).
- Is of Irish and British descent
- Chester Thompson played drums on Genesis and Phil Collins solo tours - thus enabling Phil to go out front where the punters could see him.
- Played drums and sang back up on Eric Clapton's single "Bad Love" from his album "Clapton Chronicles: The best of Eric Clapton" (1989).
- He was one of the guests at Prince Charles's and Camilla Parker-Bowles' wedding
- Started to play drums at the age of five.
- Son of talent agent June Collins
- His favourite guitarist is Eric Clapton.
- Announced his departure from Genesis in 1993, so he could focus more on his solo career and production. Reunited with his former band mates in 1999 to record "The Carpet Crawlers" for a greatest hits compilation. This reunion also included Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, and was the first time since 1980 the original five performed together (Gabriel reunited with the band in the early 80s for a charity concert, Hackett was also there but performed only in the encore).
- Was only 19 when he was named drummer/backup vocalist for Genesis (1970). Later took over main vocal duties when Peter Gabriel left the band in 1975 and no one successfully auditioned to be his replacement.
- Sang back up vocals to Howard Jones on his popular 1983 single "No One Is To Blame".
- His music video 'I Wish It Would Rain Down' saw him fictionally winning an Academy Award. He then actually won one for the soundtrack to Tarzan (1999).
- Winner of the 1989 Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist.
- Winner of the 1990 Brit Awards for British Male Solo Artist and British Single for "Another Day in Paradise".
- Winner of the British Phonographic Industry Award for British Male Solo Artist in 1986.
- He had US number one singles with "Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)" (1984), "One More Night" (1985), "Sussudio" (1985), "Separate Lives" (1985), "A Groovy Kind of Love" (1988), "Two Hearts" (1989) and "Another Day in Paradise" (1989). Genesis had a US number one single with "Invisible Touch" (1986).
- His favorite Genesis album is "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway".
- Appointed Honorary Ambassador of Peace for the Harvey Ball Foundation along with Brooke Shields, Jackie Chan, A.V.T. Shankardass, Jerry Lewis, Prince Albert of Monaco, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman, Jimmy Buffett, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Darrell Waltrip, Heather Mills, Yoko Ono, Patch Adams, Sergei Khrushchev and Winnie Mandela.
Naked Photos of Phil Collins are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.