[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Regis Philbin are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Regis Philbin on screen:
Birthday: August 25, 1931
Place: New York, New York, USA
Height: 5' 7"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Regis Philbin. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
TV-talk show host, game-show host, singer, author, and TV personality, Regis Philbin became one of the most popular talk-show hosts in America and in Canada, especially. Growing up as an only child in The Bronx, New York, Philbin went to Notre Dame College and gotten a degree in sociology. Later, he would serve the Navy and went through behind-the-scenes in radio and TV before going into broadcasting.When moving to California, Philin gotten his own show on KGTV in San Diego called The Regis Philbin Show (1964). However, with no writing team, for budget reasons, this led him to begin the show that would become his hallmark, where he engages his audience in discussions about his life and events of the day.It was then he gotten his first big break as Joey Bishop's sidekick on The Joey Bishop Show (1961). Bishop liked to tease Philbin. But the teasing stopped when Philbin walked off the stage on a live broadcast and stayed away for several days.Philbin later hosted _A.M. Los Angeles (1970)_ , a local TV talk show on KABC-TV. With his presence, he brought the show to number one in Los Angeles.On the show, Cyndy Garvey was originally the co-host. However, when Philbin moved to New York City, they both paired up on "The Morning Show". But due to low ratings, Gravey then left once again and Philbin was then joined with 'Kathey Lee Gifford' on the show and ratings improved and changed the name to Live with _Regis and Kathie Lee (1984)_ . Gifford left the show, which was called "Live with Regis" until a permanent replacement could be found.During the search, Philbin won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host, his first only Daytime award. When Kelly Ripa was chosen the same year, the show was later changed to "Live with Regis and Kelly". The pairing became successful.Besides being a successful TV host, Philbin was also a game show host on a short-lived game show called _"The Neighbors" (1975)_ , which part of the game is that a contestant, usually a woman, would have to find out which one of her neighbors is gossiping about her. He then hosted _Almost Anything Goes (1975)_ . Despite both shows were failures, Philbin then hosted _Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (1999/I)_ , which became one of the most popular shows on TV before it was canceled in 2002 and came back with Meredith Vieira replacing Philbin. For his work on the show, he won his second Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host.Philbin then signed a contract for "Millionaire's" spin-off: Who Wants to Be a Super Millionaire (2004). But this time instead of one million dollars, it's 10 million. However, the show was canceled within four months. However, Philbin's game show career didn't end there. As of November 2005, Philbin hosted the revival of ABC's This is Your Life. As of May 2006, the show is in development.Also, Philbin is now hosting America's Got Talent (2006), with Piers Morgan, Brandy Norwood and David Hasselhoff as the judges.Besides being a TV personality, Philbin is also an author who has written two books: "I'm Only One Man!" and "Who Wants To Be Me?". He is also a singer, in the style of a crooner such as Frank Sinatra or 'Dean Martin' .
- Had angioplasty on his right artery. Had the procedure performed on the left artery in 1993. He was back on TV 3 days later. [27 April 2000]
- Children, with Faylen, Amy (b. 1961) and Danny (b. 1967).
- Children, with Joy Philbin, Joanna (b. 1972) and Jennifer (aka "J.J.", b. 1974).
- Earned degree in sociology, Notre Dame University, Indiana.
- He got his name, Regis, from his father's high school.
- Shares Italian and Irish heritage Started his career as a stagehand in KCOP-TV, Los Angeles. Progressed to own local shows like "Regis Philbin's Saturday Night in St. Louis", then host of "A.M. Los Angeles in 1975.
- Graduated from Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx, New York in 1951.
- Grand Marshal, Tournament of Roses parade. [1 January 2002]
- Worked on "The Tonight Show" as a page, and soon thereafter, as a news writer at a local Los Angeles station.
- Served in the U.S. Navy.
- His first wife was the daughter of actor Frank Faylen, who played Dobie Gillis' father on TV.
- An only child.
- 10 April 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Former son-in-law of Carol Hughes. Former brother-in-law of Carol Faylen.
- Grew up at 1990 Cruger Avenue in the Van Nest section of the Bronx, New York.
- In the summer of 2004, he appeared for his 15,188 hour on national television, passing Hugh Downs to become the most filmed television personality of all-time.
- Lives in the same building as Howard Stern (2005).
- Lives across the street from the studio where he tapes his show.
Naked Photos of Regis Philbin are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.