[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Rick Schroder are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Rick Schroder on screen:
Birthday: April 13, 1970
Place: Staten Island, New York, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Rick Schroder. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| A Staten Island native, Rick Schroder was billed as Ricky Schroder in the fledgling stage of his acting career, which began when he was just a baby (working on commercials) and has persevered ever since. By the time he made his film debut at nine-years-old as the emotionally tortured son of a washed-up boxer (Jon Voight) in The Champ (1979), Schroder had more than 60 television appearances to his name, many of which had been filmed before he had even learned to speak. Schroder played another traumatized boy in The Earthling (1980) and fared well in several subsequent made-for-TV features, but his breakout role wouldn't come until the 1982 premiere of Silver Spoons. The NBC sitcom starred Schroder as young Ricky Stratten, the wealthy son of a toy-store mogul, and employed the winning '80s formula of single parent + wealth + cute kid + wacky best friend hit.After the 1986 cancellation of Silver Spoons, the child actor officially became Rick Schroder and starred in several unremarkable small-screen features until landing the coming-of-age role of Newt Dobbs in the award-winning 1989 miniseries Lonesome Dove. This would become a trend for Schroder; despite his attempts to make a transition into the film world (his most notable successes being a supporting role in Crimson Tide  and a performance opposite a very young Brad Pitt in Across the Tracks ), the actor would find a much warmer reception in the television community. From bad seeds (1990's The Stranger Within and 1991's My Son, Johnny) to survivalists (1992's Miles From Nowhere and 1993's Return to Lonesome Dove), Schroder's roles were continually met with praise, and he seemed to have escaped the curse suffered by so many child actors.As an adult, Schroder was fatefully cast as Detective Danny Sorenson in ABC's long-running cop drama NYPD Blue. Though he was decried by NYPD Blue loyalists as little more than a former child sitcom star, it wasn't long before his aptitude at the dramatic role convinced both critics and audiences of his acting capability. When Schroder left the series in 2001, it was a great disappointment to the fan following he had developed during his time on the series. However, fans of Schroder weren't left entirely in the lurch; in 2002, Schroder joined the cast of Poolhall Junkies along with Rod Steiger and Chazz Palminteri, and also starred in the German-helmed Consequence in 2003.
- In 1987, Rick Schroder was originally cast to play Todd Bowden in Apt Pupil (1998). This first attempt to film this story ran over budget and was stopped. It starred Rick Schroder and Nicol Williamson, and was directed by Alan Bridges.
- Listed (as Ricky Schroder) as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1979" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 31.
- Spoke at the Republican National Convention in honor of George W. Bush. 
- Member of the N.R.A.
- Schroder was absent from "NYPD Blue" (1993)'s May, 2001 season finale, and later announced he would not return to show cast because he wants to devote time to his growing family, with his fourth child due in August.
- Daughter, Faith Anne, born in Arizona. [August 8, 2001]
- Son Holden is named after actor William Holden with whom Rick co-starred in The Earthling (1980).
- Children with Andrea Bernard : sons Holden (b. 1992) and Luke (b. 1993) daughters Cambrie (b. 1997) and Faith Anne (b. August 8, 2001).
- He and his wife built and designed their Colorado ranch in the summer of 1998.
- Older sister, Dawn Schroder, has done some modeling and acting.
- Played Jon Voight's son twice: the first time in The Champ (1979) and the second time in "Return to Lonesome Dove" (1993) (mini).
- Ranked #20 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols" (23 January 2005 issue).
- Won Director of the year at the 2005 CMT Video awards for "Whisky Lullaby"
- Shares birthday with Ron Perlman (they co-starred in I Woke Up Early the Day I Died (1998)).
- Ranked #18 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Won the Best Music Video award at the Nashville Film Festival in 2005 for the video "Whiskey Lullaby."
Naked Photos of Rick Schroder are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.