[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Sean Astin are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Sean Astin on screen:
Birthday: February 25, 1971
Place: Santa Monica, California, USA
Height: 5' 6"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Sean Astin. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Sean Patrick Astin was born February 25, 1971 in Santa Monica, California to John Astin (famous for playing Gomez on "The Addams Family" (1964) among other things) and Patty Duke, both actors. He was their first child, but when Sean was two his brother Mackenzie was born (he also became an actor). They also have three older half brothers, David, Allen and Tom, who belong to their father. Sean was literally brought up on acting due to his famous parents. Although you may think that his first acting job was in The Goonies (1985), it wasn't. In 1981, at age 9, Sean starred with his mother in the after school special Please Don't Hit Me, Mom (1981) (TV). The Goonies (1985) followed and since then he has had a steady stream of good roles. Sean attended Crossroads High School for the Arts. He has also studied with the famous Stella Adler. Of course, we all know that starring in a teen comedy is almost inevitable for a young actor. Sean was no exception. In 1987 he co-starred with another teen heartthrob, Kirk Cameron in Like Father Like Son (1987). A few very good movies followed, including Toy Soldiers (1991) and Where the Day Takes You (1992). More recently Sean has starred in Rudy (1993) and the Showtime movie Harrison Bergeron (1995) (TV). But his career in film has expanded much further than just acting. He directed and co-produced the short film Kangaroo Court (1994) which was nominated in the Best Short Film category at the 67th Annual Academy Awards in 1995. Interestingly enough, Sean's father was nominated for the same award in 1969. Sean is now married to Christine Astin, who co-produced Kangaroo Court (1994) with him. The couple live in Los Angeles. Even though he's a successful director, he's not about to give up acting.
- Daughter born: Alexandra Astin. [27 November 1996]
- Brother of actor Mackenzie Astin
- Has three other half brothers: David, Allen and Tom
- Son of actor John Astin and actress Patty Duke.
- Left the room halfway during recording DVD commentary for The Goonies (1985) and never returned. The recording session started late, and Sean had an earlier commitment to introduce friend Joe Pantoliano who was M.C.'ing at a local theatre. Left the recording studio to change clothes, then returned to explain why he had to leave, give a "shout out to Joey Pants," and left an action figure of Sam Gamgee to take his place. However, the departure and explanation were edited out by the DVD producers.
- His biological father is actually Michael Tell , whom Patty Duke was married to for only a month in 1970. Sean was adopted at age 3 by John Astin, but considers both men to be his father.
- Graduated from UCLA with honors & a B.A. in History & English.
- On 4 December 2001, Sean had his image as "Samwise Gamgee" immortalized on a 90 cent New Zealand postage stamp that he shares with "Lord of the Rings" co-star Elijah Wood ('Frodo Baggins'). However, Sean's last name is spelled incorrectly on the presentation pack of the stamps (Austin instead of Astin).
- August 6 2002, welcomed second child daughter Elizabeth Louise.
- During principal photography for the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, Astin directed trilogy director Peter Jackson and fellow cast members in a documentary short about camaraderie and friendship within difficult working environments. This topic mirrored a significant theme of the trilogy.
- Had to gain 35 to 40 pounds for his role of Samwise 'Sam' Gamgee in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
- In February 2003, Sean was appointed to the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation.
- Announced at the Texas Film Festival on 22 February 2003 that he has optioned the book "Issac's Storm" and is planning on shooting an epic film centered around the Galveston Hurricane of 1900.
- While filming The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), Samwise Gamgee (Sean Astin) ran into a lake to stop Frodo (Elijah Wood). When he did this, he stepped on a piece of glass and had to be rushed to the hospital. He received many stitches to repair the injury.
- Appeared at Wizard World signing autographs on August 9 2003
- Started his own production company, Lava Entertainment, in the late '80s.
- Attended Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, California with actor/musician Jack Black. Was cast in a school play/film when Black backed out.
- Eyes are hazel, yet tend to change from brown to green depending on what he wears.
- Wanted to direct Fantastic Four (2005) at one point.
- Calls four people "Dad": John Astin, Desi Arnaz Jr., Mike Tell and Mike Pearce (his step-father).
- September 2004 - Attended the Armaggeddon Pulp Culture Expo Convention in Wellington, New Zealand as a Lord of the Rings guest
- Is the second actor from a "Lord of the Rings" adaptation to have a relative in an Addams Family adaptation. His father, John Astin, played Gomez on "The Addams Family" (1964). John Huston, who voiced Gandalf in the animated version of The Return of the King (1980) (TV), is the father of Anjelica Huston, who played Morticia in the films.
- The title of his autobiography, "There and Back Again", is actually the alternate title for "The Hobbit", and, in the story, is the title of Bilbo Baggins' autobiography.
- Nephew of Ray Duke.
- He is a Verizon Literacy Champion and the National Center for Family Literacy celebrity spokesperson.
- July 22, 2005, welcomed third child, daughter Isabella Louise at 5lb 4oz. She was a month premature
- In The Goonies (1985), his character cries out "Holy Mackenzie!". His brother is Mackenzie Astin. He claimed he was allowed to keep the treasure map used in the film. However, the map was lost forever when his mother discovered it several years later, thought it was just a crinkled piece of paper, and threw it in the trash.
- Attended the same elementary school as Camilla Belle, Nicky Hilton, and Paris Hilton.
- He and his father have both appeared in a Best Picture winner. Sean appeared in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and John appeared in West Side Story.
Naked Photos of Sean Astin are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.