[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of The Rock are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with The Rock on screen:
Birthday: May 2, 1972
Place: Hayward, California, USA
Height: 6' 3"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
The Rock. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Dwayne Douglas Johnson was born in Hayward, California on May 2nd 1972 to Rocky Johnson and Ata Johnson. While growing up, Dwayne traveled around a lot with his parents and watched his father perform in the ring. During his high school years, Dwayne began playing football and he soon received a full scholarship from the University of Miami where he had tremendous success as a football player. In 1995, Dwayne suffered a back injury which cost him a place in the NFL. He then signed a 3 year deal with the Canadian League but left after a year to peruse a career in wrestling. He made his wrestling debut in the USWA under the name Flex Kavanah where he won the tag team championship with Bret Sawyer. In 1996, Dwayne joined the WWE and became Rocky Maivia where he joined a group known as "The Nation of Domination" and turned heel. Rocky eventually took over leadership of the "Nation" and began taking the persona of The Rock. After the "Nation" split, The Rock joined another elite group of wrestlers known as the "Corporation" and began a memorable feud with Steve Austin. Soon the Rock was kicked out of the "Corporation". He turned face and became known as "The Peoples Champion". In 2000, the Rock took time off from WWE to film his appearance in The Mummy Returns (2001). He returned in 2001 during the WCW/ECW invasion where he joined a team of WWE wrestlers at The Scorpion King (2002), a prequel to The Mummy Returns (2001). He is currently married to Dany Johnson (Garcia) and they have a daughter named Simone Alexandra, born in 2001.
- First ever 7 time WWE World Champion.
- In real life, is good friends with the Dudley Boyz and his on-screen enemy, Shane McMahon.
- Was the first person to ever kick out of the "Stone Cold Stunner" while fighting Stone Cold Steve Austin (Steve Austin) at Wrestlemania XV.
- At age 24, became the youngest Intercontinental Champion in WWF history.
- His favorite eyebrow trademark (not including his own) is Groucho Marx's.
- Former World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champion (with Mankind in "The Rock 'n Sock Connection").
- His father (Rocky Johnson) and maternal grandfather (Chief Peter Maivia) were both professional wrestlers in the WWF.
- Was a member of Miami's NCAA national championship football team in 1991. Later in his career, he played as Warren Sapp's backup at defensive tackle.
- Received guidance and training from Bret "The Hitman" Hart when he first came to the WWF.
- Grandson of Peter Fanene Maivia.
- He was the second youngest Intercontinental champion at 24. Was beat out in April 2001 by Jeff Hardy at 23.
- Daughter with his wife, Dany Johnson, Simone Alexandra Johnson, was born in Davie, Florida. [14 August 2001]
- A member of the elite group of wrestlers, such as Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair to hold the WWF and WCW world titles on several different occasions.
- Named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001."
- He once appeared on "Martha Stewart Living" (1991) to cook one of his favorite family recipes.
- Attended Freedom High School, Bethlehem, PA.
- Has a wax figure likeness of himself at Madame Tussaud's museum
- Wife, Dany Johnson, was 22 when they met.
- Decided to attend the University of Miami because they didn't openly express interest in him
- In 3 years of dating his wife, Dany Johnson, he has never met her parents.
- Married Dany Johnson the day after his 25th birthday.
- His 5.5 million dollar paycheck for The Scorpion King (2002) earned him a listing in the Guinness Book of World Records, as his salary was the highest for any actor receiving top billing for the first time.
- No athlete that ever hosted _"Saturday Night Live (1975)" has ever repeated for a second time, until The Rock did so in 2002. Technically, he was promoting a film for his second sting (The Scorpion King (2002)) but his college football, CFL and pro wrestling background makes him the show's first two-time athlete-host.
- He owns the rights to name "The Rock" (including logos, phrases, etc). The rights to the name "The Rock" were previously owned by WWE, Inc. (which is the main reason why Vince McMahon has received executive producer credits in some of the Rock's films).
- Once, while putting on a show for WWF road agent Pat Patterson, sold his opponent's moves so well, his then-girlfriend Dany thought he was genuinely hurt
- Growing up, considered what his father did, "wrestling"; he once tried amateur wrestling, and found he didn't like it.
- In a 2000 episode of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" (1975), proved his acting and singing abilities by performing in various skits throughout the show.
- He was offered a promotional deal with "Dunkin' Donuts", which would have seen the company name a donut after him. Thinking it would make him appear big-headed, he graciously turned the offer down.
- His last match in the WWE before leaving to film The Rundown (2003) was against Bill Goldberg at the 2003 Backlash Pay-Per-View.
- WWF Royal Rumble 2000 Champion
- Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion (during the wCw/ECW Alliance storyline)
- Accidentally smashed a tail-light of a Porsche while filming Walking Tall (2004).
- Is of African-Canadian and Samoan descent.
- Was a team mate of Doug Flutie with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
- In his first semester at the University of Miami, earned a .7 grade point average. He was majoring in criminology.
- His wedding anniversary falls on the same day as Stu Hart's birthday. Stu's son, Bret Hart, would often give him tips on how to improve in his matches.
- Played his own father in an episode of "That '70s Show" (1998).
- Uliuli Fifita, the wrestler known as Haku, was Best Man at The Rock and Dany Garcia's wedding.
- In The Rundown (2003), he tells one of the rebels that Muhammad Ali would win a match against Mike Tyson. To intimidate his opponents, his father, Rocky Johnson, would often perform the "Ali shuffle" during his wrestling matches.
- While filming The Scorpion King (2002), accidentally hit Michael Clarke Duncan during a fight sequence. Duncan leaned in too far for a hit, and his chin connected with The Rock's elbow.
- Though not under contract with the WWE, the Rock makes every attempt to be on their RAW television show whenever the WWE are in either Los Angeles or his hometown of Miami.
- Is the 3rd youngest SuperStar to hold the IC Championship. Jeff Hardy is the youngest at 23, and Randy Orton is the second youngest, also at 23, only a few months older than Jeff Hardy.
- He weighed 290 pounds during his college football career, but reduced his weight to about 265 pounds late in his wrestling career.
- Dwayne is a skilled light tackle salt water fisherman.
- Notable Title Wins Include: USWA Tag Team Titles w/Bret Sawyer; WWF Intercontinental Title; WWF/WWE Heavyweight Title (7); WWF Tag Team Titles w/Mick Foley; WWF Royal Rumble Winner; WWE Tag Team Titles w/Chris Jericho; WCW Heavyweight Title
- Son of Rocky Johnson and Ata Johnson.
- Ranked #61 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties
- WWE named their Thursday night show after one of The Rock's catchphrases, "Layeth the Smack Down" (Smackdown, in case you were wondering)
- Officially proclaimed himself "The Rock" during a promo where he attacked Ron Simmons (Faarooq) in a WWE Raw telecast.
- Sparred with, and gave guidance to current Smackdown superstar, Orlando Jordan.
- Dwayne originally chose "Flex Kavana" as his stage name, because he didn't want to seem like he was trading off his family's legacy (Rocky Johnson, his father. And High Chief Peter Maivia his Grandfather). Ironically WWE officials came up with "Rocky Maivia" after they felt "Flex Kavana" wasn't exactly a great name.
- When Rocky Maivia was first considering going by the name The Rock for short, he resisted because he felt it would be stealing the former nickname of WWE Hall-of-Famer Don Muraco. He was talked into it by Vince Russo.
- Is good friends with actor Michael Clarke Duncan.
- His cousin, Tanoai Reed, is his stunt double for many of his movies.
- During a visit to Samoa in July 2004, he was anointed by Head of State Susuga Malietoa Tanumafili II with the chiefly title of 'Seiuli, Son of Malietoa'.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on both the 2003 and 2005 Razzie Award nominating ballots. He was suggested in the Worst Actor category on the 2003 ballot for his role in the film The Scorpion King (2002). And he was suggested again two years later in the Worst Actor category of the 2005 Razzie nominating ballot for his performance in the film _Walking Tall (2004)_ . He failed to receive either nomination. The following year though, he finally got a Worst Actor Razzie Nomination for his role in the film Doom (2005).
- Attended the Republican National Convention in 2004
- Cousin of Solofa Fatu Jr. (Rikishi) and Rodney Anoai (Yokozuna).
- As of 2005, Doom (2005) is the only R-rated film he has starred in. All of his other films have received PG-13, at the most.
- While filming Be Cool (2005), he was "Punk'd" (2003) by Ashton Kutcher's crew. They set his trailer on fire, which didn't seem to phase him. It was only after Vince, one of the "Punk'd" (2003) crew, blamed the fire on him that things got really heated and they revealed the gag.
- Was Tim Burton's second choice for the role of Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005).
- Daughter: Simone Alexander Johnson (born August 14th 2001)
Naked Photos of The Rock are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.